Monday, October 20, 2008

Fort Bend,IN

Actually we switched drivers at the service plaza in Howe,IN but we just left the Pilot in Fort Bend where we got fuel.

So you know how I posted yesterday and was at Quad Graphics in Martinsburg,WV waiting to be loaded, right? Well, our appointment was at 1230 and I got there around 1145. She said they were running a little behind so I told her no problem. I turned on my CB and waited for her to call me to a dock. FINALLY at around 1730 I was called to a dock 38. Sweet. Pulled to that dock, backed in and set the brakes without a single pull up. It was really beautiful. And I proceeded to wait. About 30 minutes later she calls me on the CB and asks me not to kill her, but could I go back around to the back side (where I was at to begin with) and back into door 55 instead. Sure, no problem. Start the truck, head to the back and get in door 55. Wait....Wait....Wait.... Guess what time we were finally loaded and called up to pick up our paperwork? 0130 in the morning! Yes, that is 13 hours past our appointment time. The only good thing is that we better be getting detention pay out of this ordeal. Especially after dropping the load Saturday morning and not getting this load until Sunday afternoon.

Since it was already 0130, J just went back around to the back after he got the paperwork and parked until I got up at 0300. Then I headed out. Only made it about 503 miles because there were some good hills there in WV. But when I closed my log for the day I felt like I had accompolished something. I had entries in WV, MD, PA, OH and IN. So I crossed 5 states. Not bad!

3 comments:

Txjerry2 said...

Hi you two:

Having been born and raised in Indiana I think you ment to type SOUTH Bend, IN. Only Fort Bend I know of is now in my home state of Texas. Great blog I enjoy reading it.

Kip said...

ugh, txjerry2 beat me to it. I was born and raised in IN as well. Either you meant Fort Wayne or South Bend. They are about 50 miles or so from each other. Maybe you passed through IN so fast you merged the two names together? :D

T-Net said...

Oops! Our nephew lives in Fort Wayne and I had that on my mind because we had passed the for UT. My apologies! I meant South Bend. :)