Sunday, October 12, 2008

Marianna,FL

Yesterday we finally got our stuff together and by 1230 we were headed to Justin,TX to pick up a load going to Florida. I have to say I am happy to be going to Florida since the mountains are getting a ton of snow right now! We weren't in a big hurry because we only had 1300 miles to destination and it isn't due until Monday at 0330. When we got to the drop lot to pick it up, we decided a power nap was in order since we had both been up since dawn trying to get everything back in the truck and get last minute stuff done. Our friend Michelle that we were staying with helped us out and went to the bank and mailed off a care package to Justin so that was two less things we had to worry about.

Power nap over and we head out to the Pilot right up the road to fuel up. On the way out of the DFW area we stopped at the TA out in Terrell to get a PM done and were off again. J got me pretty close to Lafayette,LA where I took over this morning. At 1500 hrs my day was done in Marianna,FL with 500 miles under my belt. Now he has about 430 miles to go and he will have no problem making on time delivery.

One of the things that took us so long when we were trying to get ready is we were trying to figure out where to put two months worth of NutriSystem in the truck. We did our first month and then weren't able to get back through for the second month and by the time we made it back, the third month was delivered. On the bright side, we did find a place for all of it so we won't have to stress about getting back through to pick up a month before we run out. On the down side, we have NO space in this truck! I hope we don't get an overweight ticket! Just kidding, but there is a LOT of food in here. We definitely won't starve. And the day before we headed back out here, I got an e-mail saying our next order has been shipped. I think we are on a roll now and won't have to worry about running out of food since we are a month ahead on our orders and a month behind actually eating it!

Another thing I am trying to figure out is the cost of taking 5 girls plus J and I on a cruise. This summer Jessica said she wanted to go on a cruise for her graduation trip. I told her she could bring friends and we would chaperone but they have to pay their own way. The problem is getting the girls to committ to it because I have to book in the next few weeks or they will be sold out! Ugh! But before all of that I have to get her to get me all of the girls names and their parents names and phone numbers so I can call and talk to them. When I book, they will have to call and put down a deposit of around $200 so I have to know in advance who is definitely going. And that is near impossible with teenage girls when they switch friends every few months. I am sure I will be going gray by the time I get this all worked out, but I love her and I will get it together so she has a trip to remember. :)

No comments: