Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunny California

Well, we managed to drop that load in Laredo and pick up the other one they had waiting on us. I dropped that load in Ontario,CA at around 0630 local time this morning. So it was only about 6 hours later than what they had it down far. Not bad considering when we actually picked it up.

So now I am sitting in the yard at the Fontana OC. We already have our next load but when I checked a little while ago, it wasn't here yet. It is a relay that we are taking to NY. I will keep checking though. We actually aren't going to leave until around 1500 tomorrow. I can only work 12 more hours and Joe has 22 but that won't get us the 2700 miles to New York without running out of hours. So we decided to take our restart here since it is a high value load. If we stop on the road to take a restart, we will be stuck with the truck since we can't leave it unattended. If we take it here at the OC, then we can come and go and do what we want. Also I need to do laundry and this is the perfect time to do that. I just hope they actually drop off the load fairly soon so I can hook up to it so that I am parked closer to the OC than what I am now. I hate this long walk up there when I have to go to the bathroom!

When we got here this morning we ran inside to grab some breakfast. As I was sitting there chowing down with my mouth full, Justin and Melissa came around the corner. Justin's mouth was full too. It was pretty funny! They were on break from class so we got to visit with them some. I'm looking forward to visiting with them more during lunch and after class since we will be here until tomorrow. If you read this Justin and Melissa, it will all make sense! Don't worry too much about class. Just pay attention and listen to your truck instructors. It is going to be a long two weeks, but you will do just fine!

So that is what is going on with us. OH!!! Maybe since we are taking a restart, we can go check out a Volvo truck! Yeah!! That sounds like a plan!

No comments: