Monday, June 9, 2008

Graduation Day has arrived!

We didn't think he would make it, not necessarily to graduation, but to this age in general. Justin was in the ER something like 6-7 times before he even turned 5. This kid is not afraid to try anything, adventurous you would say, and just a wee bit accident prone. Well, ok, a LOT accident prone, just like his daddy. :) But he made it and we are so incredibly proud of him. Graduation is this evening at the Daniel-Meyer Coliseum at Texas Christian University and this morning he took his PT test for enrolement to the Navy SEAL program. He has already taken the written test and passed so this is the final step. From here he will just have to get through a SEAL basic training and AIT training then off to SEAL school. How can you not be proud of that? We haven't heard from him yet, but he has been practicing for this PT test with some actual SEALS and has been training with them, so we have no doubts he will make it. This kid is 6'3" and in excellent shape with like 0% body fat. Ok, maybe not 0% but dang close to it. Hi is motivated to do this and I know he will do excellent. Right now we are headed to meet him and his girlfriend and her family and some others for lunch before graduation tonight. I made sure and brought the camera so we will get some pictures and I will post them for you all to see!

We have been really busy getting the house packed up. We were supposed to head out tomorrow but we are going to wait until Wednesday because if we take that one extra day, the house will be completely done and cleaned and we won't have to come back until it sells so we are looking forward to hitting it hard out on the road. We are so worn out and sore right now. We have done it all ourselves. And moving big furniture that is heavy isn't easy when it is just me and J. But I dug down and called up my inner HULK and we were able to get it done. All of the clothes we donated to a resale shop. They were so gracious when we came in. I am talking we took down about 16-17 trash bags full of clothes. I had no idea I had that much stuff in my closet. It is a pretty big closet though. HAHA Then they said that they would take ANYTHING that they could resale so we even took them our sofa, loveseat, recliner, entertainment center and some home decorations. Plus some stuff out of the kitchen. I am happy because I know we will make some family really happy. It makes me feel good.

So that is what we have been up to the last 4-5 days or however long it has been since I last posted. In the next few days I will get some pictures up.

No comments: