Monday, June 16, 2008

We made the drop in Irwindale,CA this morning after a nice leisurely drive out here. We made it into Barstow,CA around 1400 local time yesterday and stayed there for the night. It was only 97 miles from there to Irwindale but there just aren't many truck stops to park at in California over night so that was our best choice. Hooked up to Idleaire and slept very comfortably. Got up early and made it to destination with time to spare. After we got unloaded there I drove down the block to an empty lot to take Smokey for a walk and to wait for our next load. I missed the turn into the lot and had to get up on the freeway, turn around and come back which meant I drove 10 miles for a parking lot that was basically right across from where I delivered. I had a blonde moment. It happens sometimes.

While we were there I was able to get the paperwork done from that load and we got our next load. So I got things rounded up and headed out. Drove 91 miles down to Carlsbad,CA to pick up a load going to Hebron,KY. It is 1400 our time and we have to deliver at 1300 eastern time on Wednesday and they haven't even started loading us. 2200 miles to go in less than 48 hours. Plus we are going to try to stop in Ontario at the TA and meet up with Rich and his son. They spent the night last night at a truck stop across the street from where we stayed. I wish I would have known that last night and we could have had dinner. But we will stop for a while and visit and then just haul ass to destination. We should get pretty good gas mileage going east so we can probably kick the speed up some. I was actually amazed, because coming out here, we averaged 6.6 for the whole trip. Pretty good considering the mountains. Mileage always seem to get worse going west than it does headed east, but we did pretty good coming out here. Now I have no idea what we are picking up but is shows on our work assignment that the weight is 37,362. Not the heavest we have hauled but certainly not the lightest. I will just hope for the best.

That is all for now I guess.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you're getting your paperwork done... but not you're not updating your blog. How am I supposed to keep track of you ?

Lour & Grey said...

Hmm. Its been several days now. Hope all is well :) Keep us updated.

T-Net said...

I know I know! I didn't mean to neglect you guys, but I am back!!