Sunday, January 25, 2009

Atalissa,IA

Whew, what a day! As you know it was raining on Friday in the Sacramento area when we delivered our last load and picked up our current one. J headed out but only made it as far as Sparks,NV before calling it a night. It wasn't very far, but traffic was horrible and it took forever to get up and over Donner Pass.

I woke up and was on the road by 0330 Saturday morning. I wish I could tell you that the rain had stopped, but I would be lying. I even had to deal with fog until around noon. Even had a little snow on one of the passes in Nevada. I managed to pull into the yard in Salt Lake City,UT around 1430 having only covered 500 miles. This meant that we would each have to cover 600 miles each shift until we arrived at our first stop if we were to make it on time.

J heads out of SLC and wakes me up around 0230 this morning as he is pulling into Big Spring,NE. I get up and get dressed and open the curtain and what do I see? SNOW! I asked him who the hell ordered that! LOL!! Somehow he managed to cover 600 miles though. He said the snow didn't start until around Laramie,WY but that it was a dry snow and the road was pretty good just a lot of blowing snow that wasn't sticking. I am just glad I was asleep through all of that. I would have been a nervous wreck if I had been awake watching him zip through that stuff! However, I did managed to sike myself up for the long day of driving ahead of me through winter conditions and off I went.

The left lane was snowpacked all the way until the Iowa border, but for the most part the right lane was just wet. After I crossed into Iowa both lanes were just wet and by the time I made it to Atalissa at exit 265 on I-80 both lanes were dry. I even managed to cover 619 miles to get us there. It was a fuel stop so that is where I was aiming for. Since I managed to get that far, we only have about 680 miles to go to our first stop. If J can cover at minimum 550 miles, then I will be able to do the last part before our 0600 appt. (0700 local) Our second stop is only about 150 miles away and we have to be there by 1400. After that we have a little over 500 to go to our third drop on Tuesday morning and then a mere 98 miles to the last one at 1430.

So now I am about to hit the sack for the night and hope that the weather hold out so that we can make it into the receiver in the morning without any problems!

2 comments:

xxx xxxx said...

Whew! Great report, T-Net ...

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Have fun up here in Maine on Tuesday!