Sunday, January 18, 2009

Little Rock,AR

What a day! J got us to Amarillo last night and I got up and was on the road by 0345. Not long after that I started getting messages again about our ETA. I swear I would have put my hands around the sales departments collective necks if I had been close. They are seriously working my last nerve. So instead of getting super mad, I took a deep breath and kicked up the speed. With having to haul ass to appease them that means no shower today and it will have to wait until after we deliver tomorrow. That does not make momma happy. We should be there around 1100 local time. I managed 597 miles today with the speed kicked up. I told J he would be my favorite employee if he could get me at least 650 miles closer tonight. Oh wait, he is my ONLY employee. LOL That would leave me with only about 250 miles to do in the morning and put me in good shape to get there even a little earlier. As far as work goes, that is all that happened today.

On a more personal note, I got a call from my mom and she received a book that was sent to her house that I had been waiting on. A gentleman that I have been corresponding with is a writer and it was the book he just completed. He has been corresponding with me and several other female truck drivers about some of our experiences out on the road. The name of the book is 'Hoot N Holler" so if you see it, you should pick up a copy. I honestly am not sure where it is at since I am out on the road, but maybe check Barnes & Noble or maybe Amazon. I know he reads this blog, so Tom, if you could maybe put a plug in here for your book and where people can pick it up, you may get some more books sold! Oh, and I didn't put your last name on here, but if you want to on a comment, it may help them find it. The only rule is that if anyone picks it up, you can't tell me about it! I have to find a way to get a load through my Mom's house to get it so I can read it for myself!

That is all for today folks!

1 comment:

xxx xxxx said...

Thanks for mentioning the book, T-Net! "Hoot 'N' Holler" is available at Barnes & Noble or Amazon. Hardcover or paperback. Go into 'books' with the book title or my name (Tom Claffey)and it will pop up. Page 121 is T-Net's page - But you can't tell her about it!
Thanks for being part of the story, T-Net.
Tom