Monday, January 19, 2009

Henderson,NC

Darn it is cold in Henderson! We were watching the news earlier and the only part of the country that is under a winter weather advisory and expecting 3-5 inches of snow tonight is where we are at. Figures huh?

We ended up and busted ass to get to our drop here in Henderson,NC this morning and made it here at 0930 for an 0615 appt. Now this is the load that we have been telling them that was going to be late and they, our sales department, just kept saying to get there as soon as we could. I pulled into Henderson and found the Walmart DC with no problems. As I was pulling up to the gate there was a truck that was turning around and heading back out. Hmm Odd. So I stop and get out with my paperwork only to have the very nice lady tell me they were done accepting loads for the day. I really wasn't upset because I had a feeling that this would happen. And I thought, well, we will get out of the truck for the night and get a hotel and just come back in the morning. Well, the lady at the guard shack called someone and they told me to come back so they could look at my paperwork and see if it was anything they needed right then. If so, then they would unload me. If not, then I would have to come back tomorrow with a new appointment. After looking at my paperwork they decided to go ahead and unload me. Cool!

I finally got out of there around 1200 and headed down the road about 8 miles to the nearest truck stop. As I was pulling in, J woke up so we went inside to grab lunch and a much needed shower. This little place that we stopped at is on I-85 at X220 in Henderson,NC. I will have to check the name again but they made the best bacon cheeseburger EVER. It was a hand pressed patty, fresh meat! Not a frozen patty. And it had 5 full strips of thick cut bacon on it. OMG I thought I was in heaven!

After the shower and the full belly, we waddled out to the truck to find that we had our next load. I had to send a message to make sure I was reading it right. Today is the 19th and we got the load assignment around 1430 hours. This load picks up a short 89 miles away at 2100 hrs tomorrow, the 20th. So, once I confirmed that, we checked the GPS for a close hotel. After making sure they had truck parking and accepted pets, we were off. The only bad part is that it is really cold outside and this room is not heating very well. The heater is warm, but not hot and we had them bring us a space heater and my feet still feel like ice cubes. I figure around 0300 it will finally get warm and then we will want the a/c turned on. LOL

No comments: