Friday, September 26, 2008

Bessemer City,NC

Ahh, I remember this place. Back at the Dole facility here. Back several months ago, they had set up an appointment for us at something like 0100 in the morning. Originally it was earlier that evening, but we were delayed at the shipper in Soledad,CA so they changed it to 0100. We get here with that load, and guess what. They don't even open until 0600 for receiving. So we sat here till they opened and then went inside with out paperwork. They saw that it was the previous days load and said that they would get us unloaded first. So we had to wait at least until the first two truck were done because they were backed into the docks. See they showed up in the middle of the night and just claimed a dock so they could be unloaded first. Finally, after going in at least twice, and them telling J they were working on getting us to a dock, I go in and raise hell. Apparently the guard that we checked in with, who wrote our information down on the dry erase board, did his job, but the girls that came in at 0600 erased it and put it at the bottom of the list. There was a supervisor in there who raised hell with the workers and needless to say, we were in a dock in less that 10 minutes. So, now that we are back at this location, and early, I am hoping it isn't a repeat of last time!

We knew we would be pressed to get here on time since I was out of hours the day we picked it up. But we kicked up the speed and drove straight through. Made the 2500 miles in about 50 hours or so. I took over this morning in Daingerfield,TN which is right before the I-40 and I-81 split. That meant I had the curvy and windy part of I-40 through TN and into NC. If you will remember back this is the same stretch of road that the bear ran in front of me! I really hate that part of the road though because there are so many curves and the speed is about 45mph for trucks. On top of that, this tropical depressing that is sitting of the coast of the Carolina's meant that it rained on me all the way in. UGH! But I am got us here, and it one piece and on time, so the day is off to a good start! Now we wait and see where this afternoon takes us. Hopefully to a place where we can get a shower! I guess I could stand out in the rain, but with my luck, as soon as I got the shampoo in my hair, it would quit raining. Then how silly would I look??

No comments: