Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Richfield,UT

Well, we are spending a night out of the truck at a nice Super 8. By choice you ask? Nope. Here is what happened. After we dropped the last load in Romulus,WI we picked up the next evening in Kalamazoo,WI with a load heading to Carson,CA. It was already going to be a tight run and we were going to barely make it. I had even kicked up the speed so we could make it on time. I woke up this morning in Denver,CO and was enjoying a nice drive. Made it to Green River,UT where I stopped to get fuel. From there I continued along a very scenic drive west bound along I-70. About 30 miles before I get into Richfield,UT I hear a hissing sound. I am losing air pressure according to my primary air guage. This is not good. I watch it for a few miles and it isn't coming up. At this point I decide to wake J up. I know that there is a Flying J coming up in about 15 miles so I milk it in to there. We stop try to figure out what the problem is and can't figure it out. We called road assist and we lucked out and there was a shop right next to the Flying J. When we get down there, after going through Prime and finding out what our options were, we decided to have them go ahead and tear into the dash and see what they could find. That is where the hissing was coming from. Turns out that the problem was at the line going into the guage. And of course neither the Freightliner shop in Salt Lake or Las Vegas has the part we need. They ended up having to drop ship a part out of Memphis that will be here tomorrow around 1000 or 1100 hrs. So.... here we are at the Super 8. I feel bad for our FM because he had to find another team to come pick up our load to deliver it. Not so much because he had to find someone, but because when J talked to him, this was the 4th load today he had to repower. Meaning he had to find 4 teams to take over loads because of breakdowns. Not good.

On a side note, because we are in the hotel, we got to see Sarah Palin give her speech at the RNC tonight. All I can say is WOW. Watch out for this woman.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

Ka'zoo and Romolus are in MI not WI...:) Good luck with the repairs, you had a lot of them lately!