Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Flagstaff,AZ

Since I couldn't drive yesterday, we didn't make it very far. J had to get up early to get us to the shipper, then they canceled that load, then they found another one, then we got loaded and by the time all was said and done, J only had about 2 hours to drive. So he made it to the first rest area southbound on the 101 and he called it a day. Plus he had a big headache from being off his sleep schedule. I got up bright and early and was on the road by 0300 hours. It was a grueling trek across California since I could only do 55. Finally made the Arizona border and was able to kick it up to 65. Our appointment is at 0830 Friday morning so basically we have 2 days of driving to get 2500 miles. I made 600 today and made it to Flagstaff and used every bit of my 11 hours allowed for driving. J plans to make it to Amarillo tonight which will put him right at 600. From there I will get us to Little Rock,AR which is another 600 and then he will get us to the North Carolina Border which is another 600. That will leave me with about 150 or so to do Friday morning when I take over at 0300. I will have till 0730 our time to get the load there. That shouldn't be a problem and gives me 4.5 hours to get there. Piece of cake. I don't like driving this fast because our fuel mileage isn't great. I would rather have the money in my pocket. But with me being out of hours yesterday, we didn't really have a choice. But by me not driving yesterday I was able to get a restart on my hours. And because J didn't drive on Monday, since I got us there that morning and we didn't get another load until Tuesday, he also got a reset on hours. So we are good to go.

I am curious where we will go after this. We told them we needed to be home on the 2nd and this delivers on the 26th. I am guessing back to California and then a load to Dallas from there. We shall see.

I'm off to get my beauty rest now. The older I get the more I seem to need!

No comments: