Saturday, May 16, 2009

Henderson,NC

Here I sit in Henderson,NC at the Chex Truck Stop getting a 34 hour restart. Not what I had really wanted to do, but that is just the way it happened. I guess I deserve a rest though after the last week that I have had!

I guess I don't really have much more to post on what I have been doing, so I guess I will update you on what J has been doing.

While he has been in Atlanta, the plan was for him to start remodeling the boat. When he got there and started pulling the inside walls down, he realized that there was mold. Not a good sign. So instead of pulling the inside paneling down and putting new up, he decided to gut the whole thing. And really, that isn't even right. Gutting would imply removing everything inside and leaving a shell. He didn't even do that. He removed the walls and everything. I mean, there is just a bottom to the boat and that is about it! But this seemed to be the best course of action. This way we are removing ALL of the wood and getting rid of the mold.

Next step is to get the outside walls back up and get a roof on. That will protect it from the weather. Then we will do the wiring on the inside and water lines before we finish out the interior. He has a guy coming out on Tuesday to clean out the waste water tank. This is turning out to be a bigger project that we had anticipated. But in the end, it will be worth it because it will be all new and just the way we want it. It will just take a little longer than we had hoped.

So that is it for me right now. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get a decent load out of here tomorrow! Until next time....

2 comments:

G2 said...

That's ok, you needed rest anyway!

Wolfie said...

You have been getting lots of loads, freight must be picking up.
I know here in Wisconsin that work really sucks, lots of lay-offs and cut hours.It seems to be getting worse rather than better.
Keep up the good job and good luck with the boat.