Monday, May 4, 2009

Anna,TX

What a great few days off we have had! We made it in to the Dallas area around 0900 on Thursday morning and handed off the load bound for California to another driver. Then we were officially off for a few days. Our first stop was to take Smokey to the kennel. From there we headed to Garland to pick up a rental car and then headed to Dallas Freightliner for tires and an alignment. After getting our stuff out of the truck and dropping it off we headed up to Allen,TX to Michelle's house where we spent the first night.

We had a nice nap when we got there and then headed out to see Michael, whom I used to work with, and Mai and Matt, some other friends of ours. Friday was a lazy day and we spent most of it getting laundry done and just hanging out.

Friday evening we headed down to Burleson,TX where Jessica lives. (J's daughter) We got a hotel there for the night because Saturday was a girls day. Since we were back for Jessica's prom, we spent Saturday getting our hair done, getting our make-up done, doing lunch and a little shopping. After all that was done, we headed back to her house so she could get dressed and we could take pictures of her and her date. She was beautiful! I can't believe she was just in elementary school and now she is all grown up and graduating this year. The 17th of this month will be her 18th birthday. Where does the time go??

After pictures and seeing them off, J and I headed back up to Dallas where we got a hotel for the night. We were going out with some friends and when we go out, we prefer to get a hotel so that we don't have to be drinking and driving. Aren't we smart?? LOL We had a great time with some friends of ours and stayed out way to late. But what the heck, we are off!

Sunday morning we got up and checked out of the hotel at 1100 then spent some time running around and killing time until Michelle got off work at 1430 so that we could head back to her house for our last night in town. We ended up going to dinner and the movies with friends and got home and hit the sack around 2300 last night.

Today is starting a new adventure for me. J took me to pick up the truck and then he headed to the airport to drop the rental off and catch a flight to Lubbock. He is picking up our Suburban and heading to Atlanta where he will be working on the boat for a few weeks. This means I will be running solo. I haven't done that before and I have to admit, I'm a little apprehensive. I'm not so much worried about doing my job, just the fact that I am a female and I will be out here and alone. But I have Smokey to protect me and I know to be cautious, so I know I will be fine. Still doesn't help with the jitters though! LOL

Freightliner didn't have tires so they couldn't do an alignment so this morning when I picked up the truck, I headed down to the TA in Dallas to get the work done there. After they finished up I headed up to pick Smokey up with a quick stop at Walmart to stock up on supplies. I sent a message to my FM and told him that I had been up since 0600 and could be available around 1500 after I picked Smokey up. I also asked him if it would be better for me to wait till tomorrow morning to head out so I would be fresh on hours. He said that would be better. So I am currently sitting at the Love's in Anna,TX until in the morning. I am available at 0500 so at that time I will head over to Justin,TX where he said I could grab an empty. If there are any there. Something tells me I will end up having to go down to FedEx to get an empty.

But that is what is going on with me. Since I have to stop every night as a solo, I will make sure and keep everyone update on how my adventure is going. I hope I don't screw anything up!!

No comments: