Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weatherford,TX-Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

At least I think that is where we are! LOL That is what I get for going to sleep and waking up in a different city!

I got a load out of Atlanta delivering in Garland,TX which worked out perfectly for us. J took off and headed that direction in the Suburban and I headed to pick up the load and take off that way also. The timing on the load was kind of funky, so I picked it up and made it to a Petro west of Birmingham,AL and that is where I called it a night. I left the next afternoon around 1630 and drove the final 606 miles into Garland,TX. By the time I got unloaded my 14 hour clock was up. Thank goodness J was in that area and he had to come drive the truck to a truck stop while I drove our burb. I couldn't legally drive the truck. We got it parked and headed over to Michelle's to spend the night. I couldn't drive until around 1800 that night and knew I wouldn't get a load till the next morning.

That worked our awesome because a friend of ours, Misty, was coming through Dallas and was going to spend the night at Michelle's also. Misty and he husband are moving to Jackson,MS and she was bringing the last load of their belongings down there. So we got to visit with her and Michelle both!

That evening, I got a call and they had me on a pre-plan to get me to Lubbock. Perfect! I was to pick up at the Sam's/Walmart DC down in Desoto,TX and deliver to the Sam's Club there in Lubbock. Since I have an AWESOME husband, he went and picked up the load and took it to Lubbock while I drove our burb. I figured since he has been off the truck for a month, he would need a short run as a "refresher" to remember how to drive the truck. LOL!! (Just kidding baby!! Love you!!)

The appointment was at 2100 in Lubbock and after he got unloaded I went and picked him up and we spent the night at my Mom's. Luckily she only lives about 2 miles from that Sam's Club. While he was getting unloaded, we also got our next load. We had to pick up in San Angelo,TX the next day by noon and drop it at a drop lot in Saginaw,TX. So we were up at 0700 and on the road by 0800 to go get that load.

Now for the life of me, I don't know what the rush was to pick this load up. First off, we were just dropping it in Saginaw,TX because it isn't due into Oklahoma City,OK until Monday morning. I know they had us drop it so that we wouldn't be sitting on a short low paying load all weekend. And second, when I got there, they were closed and the trailer was already loaded with the paperwork in the inspection door just waiting for us to pick it up. If I had known that, we could have slept in! But we got there and got it picked up and headed out.

Now since we didn't have any specific time to drop in Saginaw, I headed towards Abilene which was the closest scale that I could find and it was about 90 miles away. I got to the Wes-T-Go Truck stop and got scaled then sent a text to our friend Jaye that lives there. She got off work at 1600 and her and a friend she works with, Denise, came down and visited with us for a while. I love being able to see our friends while we are on the road! After visiting for a while, it was time to hit the road and get this load up to Saginaw.

I headed to bed and J drove the rest of the way and got us to Saginaw and dropped the load. He picked up an empty and then headed over to this Petro where we are to wait for our next load. As I stated above, I am THINKING we are in Weatherford. LOL That is the closest Petro that I know of so I am pretty sure that is where we are at. I got a call around 0730 giving me our next load info, then I got a message saying he was looking for something different for us. So now I am just sitting here waiting to see where they will send us.

Now for some REALLY happy news! Today is our 12th Wedding Anniversary!! Happy Anniversary J!!! I can't even begin to describe how great it feels to be doing a job that I love with the person that I love. I know I have said this before, but we actually like each other. So many couples love each other, but they don't "like" each other enough to be together 24/7. That isn't the case with us. We genuinely want to be together all of the time. I think that is rare. I know there are couples like that out there, but I would bet the isn't the norm. So to J, I love you and thank you for asking me to marry you! I would do it all over again without hesitation. Thank you for loving me and accepting me for who I am. You are the best and I would be lost without you. As cheesy as it sounds, but it is true, you complete me. I LOVE YOU!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary. I have to agree with you. Craig and I are together 24/7 because we "like" each other along with love each other. We see way too many couples that would rather be apart than together. We are certainly a rarity as you said. Being apart while Craig trains a new driver has not been that much fun. Can't wait to get back on the truck.

You never did say how J's back is. Did he get treatments or did it just heal on it's own? Inquiring minds and all. ha ha

T-Net said...

I did forget! He is much much better. When he got to Dallas he went to see Dr Mike, our chiropractor. He did the snap, crackle and pop thing and he is now walking upright again. After that he got a massage and is now doing great. Thank goodness!

june in florida said...

june in florida
Happy anniversary, so much better to marry the best friend you love than to just marry the one you love.Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two.

G2 said...

Thanks everybody! and Honey i love you too!