Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rain!!

Thank goodness J is driving in it and not me! I really don't like driving in the rain in a semi. Actually I don't really like driving in the rain at all whether it is in our semi or our suburban. I got caught in a hail storm about 13 years ago and I really kinda freak out in rain or hail. The car I was in was almost totalled from the damage and the windows caved in on me from the softball, yes softball, sized hail. I can manage through it, and I am better than I used to be, but I still don't like it.

This morning I woke up in McLean,TX and drove to somewhere in Arizona. 573 miles today. This morning about 0830 I had to pull over. I had driven about 230 miles at that point and just couldn't keep my eyes open. I know when to pull over and this morning was one of those times. I was just too tired. So I stopped at a TA in Santa Rosa,NM and took about an hour nap. I felt much better after that but it killed me on miles! We will deliver this load tomorrow in the LA area and then head back to our OC. There we will do some laundry and kill some time. They are having some Driver meetings tomorrow and I want to go to one of them. They are implementing a new pay package and if it works like they are saying, that is an additional 7 cents a mile for us. That averages to about $385 extra each week. So it will make a huge difference considering the miles that we are driving!

I guess that is all for now. I'm gonna go up and talk to J for a while since he is driving.

No comments: