Friday, August 10, 2007

Waiting....

Ok, so this morning I wake up in Birmingham,AL. J got us here around 0100 last night. Well, the consignee couldn't take us until 1100 today. No biggie. That means we get some good sleep with the truck not moving. Fast forward to 0845 this morning. Somebody is banging on the door. Luckily it was one of the yard dogs telling us we can move and go park in bay 12. Awesome. They are getting to us early. So we thought. Now is is 1310 hrs and they STILL aren't done. AND they only need to unload part of the trailer. The rest of the stuff is going to Rural Hall,NC. I have a feeling they are unloading all of it. Man, that would be a cluster. Because then they will have to go back and reload the truck. I don't even want to think about it! Well, we should have been done here at 1200 hrs so we could get to the NC stop. Luckily after we drop that off we have already got our next load. We will drive to Charoltte,NC and pick up a load of cigarettes that have to be in San Bernardino,CA (a LA suburb) at 0900 Monday morning. So we will get it picked up around midnight tonight and then drive 2300 miles straight through to the LA area. The only thing I don't like about the cigarette loads is that you have to drive 300 miles straight when you pick it up before you can stop. That is a long way to go without going to the bathroom! YUCK! All part of the job I suppose.

Today I sent out bulletins on myspace and e-mailed a bunch of friends reminding them of my birthday party. Already getting people e-mailing me back. I feel loved. :)

I am also hungry. Hopefully we can find a truck stop somewhere close when we leave so that we can get something to eat. We were going to go to Wal-Mart after this load and restock on food, but we aren't going to have time now that we already have that next load. The only bad thing about eating at truck stops, other than it being expensive, is that they don't have a huge selection of healthy food. Now I am no health nut by any means, but my expanding ass is telling me I need to start cutting down on the cheese burgers and french fries and that I need to start eating more salads. Fine. I will listen to my ass, this once. Mainly because I think it is right for once....

No comments: