Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Denver,CO

Dad and I finally made it to Denver. Yesterday afternoon around 1230 we got a message that our trailer was on the yard there in Springfield. We checked out of the hotel and headed over to pick it up and head out. We got there and we looked all over and couldn't find it. Finally after checking in the wash bay I found the trailer in the shop. The previous driver was getting messages on the Qualcomm that the trailer was disconnected, even though it wasn't, so they were checking the electrical lines. We got that straightened up and around 1500 we headed out.

We drove us Hwy 13 to get us to Hwy 71 and from there headed north into Kansas City but we first stopped at the Flying J on 71 for a quick sandwich and a restroom stop. Hitting the road again we hit 435 and headed around west to hook up with I-70. We hit the Kansas side and made it to a rest area on the west side of Topeka where we called it a night. I had only gone about 250 miles but I was worn out being off of my normal schedule. We called it a night there and got up this morning around 0500 and were on the road by 0600 to make it into Denver. After several pit stops we stopped in Colby for a quick lunch and were on the road again. It is nice having a load with plenty of time on it and being able to stop when we want for as long as we want! But I was excited to meet back up with J in Denver. I sure have missed him!! We pulled into the Denver yard around 1730 or so and about an hour later J met us there. After hungs and kisses all around we headed out to find a hotel for the night.

After we found a hotel, Motel 6 because we are cheap (haha), we went and grabbed some dinner and then headed to Walmart to pick up a duffle bag for my Dad. It seems he has accumulated more stuff while out on the road with me! Frome there we headed back to the hotel where I could blog and we are headed to bed. We will get up in the morning early enough to get my Dad directions back to the airport and then we are stuck here until Friday morning at 0600 when this load delivers. After that we are headed down to Colorado Springs to see a friend and then we will head back out on the road on Monday morning.

It has been a great week with my Dad and I am sorry to see it end. But I know he is ready to get back home and I am happy to have my baby back on the truck with me!

4 comments:

Buckshot said...

So the burning question is did the good Dr. get a deer? Inquiring and nosey minds want to know. Glad to hear that you and your dad had a good time together. Be safe out there. Jim

T-Net said...

We had a great time! And yes, J lucked out and got a doe the last morning he was there. He was a happy hunter!!

Buckshot said...

Good for him. Pass on the congrats. Stay safe out there. Jim

PrimeTime said...

Welcome BACK, Joe! Glad you had a good week with your dad, TNet.