Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grandview,OR

Back on the road! With the exception of Saturday night, we had a great time.

We got in to our friend Kevin's Friday afternoon and chilled out until he got home from work. Poor guy really messed himself up a little over a month ago when he wrecked a dirt bike on the street in front of his house. Someone should tell him that a 41 year old man should be more careful!!! So he has finally graduated to a cane after being laid up completely for several weeks and then having to use a walker the past few weeks. I was planning on cooking that night but he had already bought steaks for the grill so I let the men do their work outside and I handled the alfredo noodles and the ice tea. We had an awesome dinner and then just chilled out at his house. His girlfriend came over and we had a little too much of the adult beverages, but hey, we were off!

Saturday morning we got up and I made sausage gravy and biscuits for breakfast, which was delicious (I was worried I was going to lose my knack for cooking being on the road too long!) and then we headed out to catch a matinee. J and I have read the Twilight series so we really wanted to see the movie. We really enjoyed it. Of course it was like the book, in the sense that the beginning of the movie was a little slow just like the book, but it sped up after that. I can't wait for the next one to come out. I have heard them talking on the radio that they have the go ahead for the next two books to be made into movies. YES!!

Anyway, after the movie we headed home and I cooked again. Breaded pork chops, real mashed potatoes and green beans. OMG it was so good! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We were chill that night and watched The Bucket List and had some cookies and milk for dessert. My stomach was starting to get upset so I headed to bed. Then it happened. I started throwing up. I was up 8 times between around 2300 and 0630. I have no idea what it was. All three of us had the exact same thing to eat and drink Friday evening and during the day and evening on Saturday. It was horrible. I finally got to sleep around 0700 and made it up around 1300. That evening I was able to eat a grilled cheese and that was it. I was worried about heading back out on Monday morning because I just wasn't sure how I was going to feel and if I was going to need to be near a bathroom. Luckily Monday morning I felt better and we decided to head back out. After J being out of the truck for a week and a half and me solo for the week and taking a couple days off at the end, we really needed to head back out and start making some money.

J headed out to start the truck and we already had a load waiting for us. We picked up at the Denver yard and delivered to Walmart here in Grandview,WA. We cut it close on time. To the point of when I got into the office with the paperwork to check in I had about 5 minutes to spare. I had J let me out to check in while he went and docked the trailer. If I had waited they probably would have marked us as late. And no matter how late you are to Walmart, whether it is a minute or an hour, if you are late, you get put to the back of the line and they work you in when they can. So we were lucky this time.

As I was driving this morning we got a preplan sent to us. We are picking up in the morning in Cashmere,WA at 0800 and delivering on the 30th in Chelsea,MA. Don't have a time on the delivery yet though. I have a feeling they are going to send us to the Chelsea Produce Market. I hate that place. UGH!! It is super tight in there and busy, busy, busy! I guess I will just hope for the best. Once we depart Walmart, whenever they get through with us, they will send us the next load info.

Now all we have to decide is where we are going to have Thanksgiving dinner at. Hmmm So many choices in several different states!!

No comments: