Monday, November 17, 2008

Springfield,MO......Still

Well, here we are again. This morning we were available at 0800 so I woke up and called to see if we had a load. My FM told me to check with Drivers Lineup so after getting the direct number from him I gave them a call. It looks like there were over 60 drivers on the yard waiting for a load over the weekend. Today was Monday morning and they were still trying to get the last 8-10 drivers from Saturday out so they still had the drivers from Sunday to work through before they could get to me. I took a chance and decided to to ahead and check out of the hotel on the off chance they may get to me.

We headed to the yard from the hotel and made a quick stop at Waffle House for lunch. When we got to the yard around 1300 I checked in and I had made it up to #22 on the list. Sweet! I was making progress. We chilled out in the truck and finally went to grab some dinner around 1800. At 1900 I checked in and TaDa! They had a load for me! The bad news is that it won't be here at the yard for me to pick up until sometime early tomorrow afternoon. The good news is that it delivers to Denver, where I need to get to, and it doesn't deliver until Friday. So even though I need to be there Wednesday night so my Dad can catch his flight on Thursday morning, we won't be rushed. Now that we know for sure we have a load, we have headed back to the hotel to get a good nights sleep. No sense in hanging out for another 18 hours or longer in the truck when we can be good and comfortable in a hotel.

This has been a really good week though so far on a personal level. I have gotten to spend some really good quality time with my Dad and we have had some great talks. It is just important that he knows that I am always there for him and that whatever decisions he makes in life, I will support him. I only want him to be happy and I love him very much. LOVE YOU DAD!!

No comments: