Friday, March 6, 2009

Atlanta,GA

Unfortunately we don't get to look at the boat today! That is tomorrow and I am so excited!!

So until then, I will just tell you what we have been up to the last few days. I woke J up while we were in Austin after I got us loaded and we were off. Side note, did you know that there is a SPAM Museum? And it is in Austin,MN? Interesting. Anywho, J took off and drove for a while and got us to Kearney,KS just above Kansas City,MO. From there I took over and got us to our drop in Carthage,MO.

Now this was a really cool place. We have been driving for two years and this is the first time that we have ever delivered to a cave warehouse. We delivered to Americold and the storage facility and docks were all underground in these caves. It was so darn cool. Litterally and figuratively. I managed to make it there by 1200 hrs for a 1500 appointment and I was lucky enough for them to get me right to a dock. By 1430 I was done and pulling out of the caves.

Since our FM knew we wanted to get to Atlants, he already had a pre-plan load for us. As soon as I sent our depart I headed for the nearest truck stop to grab a sandwich and take Smokey out. While I was on the way there, we received our new work assignment, so I wrote all the info down and off we went.

Our next load had us picking up in Rogers,AR at a Tyson plant. I got us there and got us loaded and headed down to the Pilot to scale and that is where J took over. I worked until about 1830 that day, but I didn't start until around 0800 so I was fine on hours. With the stops we had and not being able to use the APU in the Caves, J didn't get a lot of sleep. So I drove a little longer for him to try to get a couple extra hours rest.

When we pulled out of the Pilot, J was driving and I was headed to bed. We had plenty of time on this load since we can just drop the trailer anytime before 0700 tomorrow morning, so J went ahead and stopped in Little Rock,AR for the night. He was just worn out from his sleep being interrupted. I took over there and left out this morning around 0600. I had a good day driving and got us to Lincoln,GA where we stopped to switch again and to grab a bite of lunch.

Now we only have about 180 miles to go and we are cruising through the south part of Atlanta now on I-75. Our plan is to get this dropped tonight and head back this direction tonight. At least part of the way. In the morning I will get up and drive the rest of the way back into Atlanta. Once we drop this load, we will grab and empty trailer and our FM has already given us a place to drop it at up here so that we can bobtail around and then pick it back up when we are done looking at the boat tomorrow. I have my camera battery charging so that we can take some pictures to use for a reference. Everytime I have tried to post pictures the last few months, I have been having problems and the computer locks up. But I will see what I can do.

So that is what we are doing. What are you guys doing?? :)

3 comments:

grump said...

going to make dinner for my girls and then take the oldest one for hockey practise. I've been following your adventure from when you drove for the pumpkin.

Stranger On An Even Stranger Planet said...

I'm wondering something... When you were near KC, MO, was that anywhere near St. Charles, MO? I was in St. Charles until yesterday around 1 p.m. Next time you think you might be hanging out in Northwest Indiana, shoot me an email!

xxx xxxx said...

Hi T-Net! I'm out here in Santa Fe blowin' in the wind and sneezing my head off. And, of course, loving your blog. Springtime is definitely peeking around the corner! Best to you and J and Smokey -