Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Austin,MN

We have been having problems with our new GPS that we bought. Argh! So last night before I went to bed, we found a Petro and went in to see if they had another one and if we could exchange it. Of course absolutely none of the Petro's have the one we bought in stock and so we can't exchange it. And I haven't found another place that carries it. As it turns out, they will only refund your money the first two weeks and then exchange it before 30 days. After that, we have to deal with the manufacturer. As it happens, we bought it mid December so we are going to have to deal with the manufacturer by sending it in under warranty and then having them send us another one. In the mean time, we bought another Magellan (Maggie) to get us by. This one is smaller than the original Maggie that we had, but it is the same model. So we know how she works and are comfortable with her. I actually have kind of missed her and it is nice to have her back.

I finally made it to bed and J woke me up in Baldwin,WI this morning at 0400. We both got up and went in and took a quick shower and then headed the last 48 miles to our delivery in Roseville,MN which is in the St Paul area. I got there at 0700 for an 0830 appt but they had me unloaded by 0745. I love when that happens! Especially since we wanted to meet a friend for breakfast.

As I pulled out, I sent Emily a text to get her lazy butt out of bed and that we were on the way. We met down on I-35 at X81 where there is a small truck stop and a McDonald's. We got to visit for a couple hours and it was really nice. She has been going through a rough spot and it was good to be there for a friend.r

When we got back to the truck we had our next work assignment. He couldn't find anything heading to GA for us, but this load picks up in Autsin,MN and delivers in Carthage,MO. So that is closer and hopefully we can get something in that area that can get us down to GA. We will deliver this load tomorrow afternoon at 1500. I picked it up at 1300 today and was done by 1430 and headed to get the load scaled. It is only a little over 500 miles to Carthage so we are in no rush. Besides, J had to wake up in the middle of his sleep schedule to visit with Emily this morning (which he didn't mind at all) but since we aren't rushed, I am sitting her letting J get some extra sleep. These roads are pretty bumpy and I figure he will appreciate the non-moving and non-bouncing sleep.

Here in a little while I am going to wake him up and then we will grab a bite to eat in the little restaurant here and then hit the road. That's all for now folks!

No comments: