Tuesday, March 10, 2009

N. Little Rock,AR

We finally made it out of Georgia! We got a load around noon on Sunday and that is what we were set to pick up. Sunday morning rolls around and I finally decide to write all the information down regarding the work assignment when I notice a problem. The receiver will not allow pets on premis. And as you all know, we have Smokey with us. I really didn't think it would be a problem as long as we didn't let him out of the truck while we were there, but I sent in a message asking about it to be on the safe side. Our FM John said he would check on it for us. Sure enough, about 10 minutes later I get another message telling me that he was taking us off the load because they won't allow the dog on premis, period. Even if he stays in the truck.

Now realizing that we are going to have to sit and wait for another load, I go ahead and leave our cozy Walmart parking lot and head back towards the Pilot in Atlanta so that we can get a shower and be ready for our next load whenever they found one for us.

I got to the Pilot and decided to wait a while before waking J up for the shower. While I was waiting we got our next load assignment. We could pick up anytime that day before midnight down in Albany,GA and we were delivering to Victorville,CA. This works good for us since it gets us back to one of the coasts. Around 1300 I wake J up and we grab a shower and take off to pick up our load.

While we were headed down there I had to send another message to our FM asking him for a last minute favor. They really need to know in advance if we are taking time off, and we did in fact just take a day off to look at the boat, but it wasn't like we were taking a week off at home. See, I had to see if he could get us a load out of California back to Dallas because it is Jessica's Spring Break. I knew it was coming up, and I knew the dates, but I was having a blonde week or something because I was thinking it was the week after and that I had two weeks still on the road before we headed back home. He said he would try to get us back and I know he will come through. He is really awesome and usually works these things out for us.

Right now we are on the west side of Little Rock,AR and are headed to CA. They set up an appointment time of noon on Thursday but I am hoping that we can drop as soon as we can make it out there. That way we can have a better shot of getting back home. But we are going to have to cover some miles. I just couldn't wake up today. I even stopped to take a nap and still couldn't wake up. I don't have any allergies that I know of, but my eyes have been itchy and swollen the last two days. I may just be coming down with something because I am really tired too. It is only about 1545 and I am going to be heading to bed in less than an hour. I just an't hang today.

1 comment:

xxx xxxx said...

Be careful, T-Net. Get some solid sleep. Let me know when you get back behind the wheel and I'll put on some loud mariachi music out here in Santa Fe!