Friday, June 5, 2009

Bensalem,PA

After J headed out of Atlanta the other morning, he managed to get us all the way to our destination in Tip City,OH. All things considered, we were only 45 minutes late. I think that was pretty good! It looks like there were a bunch of other trucks with the same appointment time though which worked in our favor. They put us in what they call the "holding pen" or "bull pen" to sit and wait for our dock. Finally around 0600 we got a dock and were unloaded by a little after 0700.

Since we didn't have a load yet, I came back out the gates and parked in the holding area to wait for our next load. I had thought about heading towards a truck stop, but it never fails that if I do that, our next load will be in the opposite direction.

I sat there for a couple hours and then finally got a load. Our next load was picking up in West Alexandria,OH and delivering to Bensalem,PA. Damn good paying load at almost $2.00 a mile. Yes, that is the one part of having a hazmat endorsement that I love. Anyway, I wrote everything down and headed to get the trailer washed and then went to go pick the load up.

Picking up the load went smoothly and by 1430 I was headed back to the truck stop to scale. The first time we were on the scale we were perfect. Our steer axle was over by 140 lbs, but that would change as we burned off fuel. Our drive axle and trailer axle weights were both 33,200. Both exactly the same! Talk about even weight distribution. Knowing that we were good on weight we headed in for a shower and a hot meal that didn't come wrapped in foil.

Our delivery was set for today at 1130 eastern time in PA so we weren't in a rush to get here. We took it nice and easy and drove 55 to get the best fuel mileage. It also started raining around the eastern third of OH and has been raining ever since. J made it to around mm 179 to a Service Plaza on I-76 and that is where I took over. For the most part I made it to destination fine. Counting the one missed turn and having to get back to I-95 I was still about 2 hours early.

So here I sit waiting for them to come tell me which dock they want me at. We have another pre-plan and it is another hazmat load. We will be picking up in Rosenhayn,NJ and delivering to Ft Worth,TX on Monday. That works perfect since Jessica's graduation is Tuesday night. Then come Wednesday morning, we will be back out on the road at it again.

No comments: