Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Des Moines,IA

I think this is the longest that I have gone without posting when we haven't been off! Sorry about that to anyone that has been reading and waiting for an update. I have no excuse other than I have just been tired!



After we left Pittston, we picked up a hazmat load we delivered to Hillsboro,OR. From there our next load had two pick ups. One in Yakima,WA and the other in Odell,OR. This load had too much time on it so we dropped it at the company yard in Salt Lake City,UT. On the lot was our next load waiting to be picked up. We are currently just east of Des Moines,IA and are headed to Indiana. We have two deliveries there. The first one is in Franklin at 0300 in the morning and the other is in Indianapolis at 1300 hours. Now you are caught up!

I realize that sometimes I get too caught up in what we have done each day that I forget to mention all of the beautiful things that we see along the way. I had an incredibly scenic drive across Nebraska on I-80 this morning. With all the rain they have had recently, everything was gorgeous shades of green. This morning as the son was coming up, there was a mist hanging just above the grass and it was almost magical the way it just hovered there. I saw numerous cows with their calves nursing and a doe standing in a pasture eating her breakfast. Mornings like this are the reason that I enjoy living out here on the road. I love my mobile office. :)

1 comment:

Hedon said...

I hear you on it being hard to post when you're running hard and just worn out. Seems like lately I'll think of things while it's my driving shift then when Stace starts driving I'll look at my laptop sitting there... sigh real big... and think "I'll post something later" which doesn't happen. :)