Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Brazil,IN

Another day down and another 1000 or so miles under our belts! We finally got loaded out of Monte Vista and were on the road around noon on Tuesday. We had to make a quick stop to get a CAT scale, since we didn't trust the shippers scales and grab some lunch, and then we were on our way. We had almost 1900 miles to go for a Thursday morning appointment in Scranton,PA. I told our FM we probably wouldn't make it but that we would keep him updated.

For some unknown reason, and I'm not going to question why, but we have been gettin extremely good fuel mileage lately. Since we came out of the house a week ago, we have been getting over 7 mpg. And all four runs that we have been doing have been at around 65 mph because of the time frames. Even on this run, we have been running 65 to try to make the appointment, and we are currently getting 7.43. Amazing really considering we are over 79,000 lbs. We are actually about 79.5 K. Anyway, I think we will be able to make our appointment, however it will be close.

While we were in Denver, J was able to get a restart on his hours, however I was not. So when I start driving in the morning, I will only have 3.5 hours to work before I am legally out of hours. Tonight J is going to push his 14 clock and try to get in his whole 11 hours of drive time to get us closer. This way I can get us the last little bit and hopefully get unloaded fairly fast and then drive over to our yard in Pittston, which is only 13.5 miles away, to spend the rest of my shift. I am also going to have them check the truck out while we are there. Our low-voltage alarm keeps going off and I think it has something to do with the APU work we had done a couple months back while we were out in Ontario,CA. Hopefully they can figure out what the problems is and get it fixed. And hopefully it will be an easy fix. :)

It has been really nice the last few days with us driving up across I-70 to Denver and then to southern Colorado and now up to PA. The weather has been beautiful! The temps are just perfect. If only it could be this way year round, I would be extremely happy. It has been in the mid 70's during the days, maybe low 80's and in the 60's at night. This is my idea of summer! My only regret is that we are in the truck and I can't fully enjoy it. Not that I regret being in the truck mind you. LOL But this is when having a normal job with weekends off sounds really good! Especially when all our friends are going to the lake or BBQ'ing. But on the flip side of that, we get to see the most beautiful scenery every day. And I know that beats their views in their offices each day!

No comments: