Friday, July 10, 2009

Acoma Sky City,NM

I had a nice easy day today! Only 455 miles. :) Yesterday after we picked up our load, J headed out and made it to Havasu City,AZ. We did some figuring on the timeline since we will have lots of extra time on this load. We decided we wanted to be able to stop in Springfield for laundry but we didn't want to get there right in the middle of J's sleep schedule and mess him all up. Therefore, we decided to stop for the night in Havasu City around 2100. I was able to get some good non-moving sleep and it would get us into Springfield,MO tomorrow right around the time we switch shifts.

After we get our stuff done in Springfield, we will only have about 1100 miles to go to our destination in NJ. We should get in sometime early Sunday evening, even with stopping in Springfield. So you can see that there is plenty of time for us to be lazy.

I must say that traveling yesterday and today has been much nicer than the two days previous. Having an A/C travelling across the southwest is a lifesaver!

I did however hurt myself today! It was stupid really and it shouldn't have happened, and it wasn't even work related! I was taking Smokey for his morning walk and fell. I was at the rest area just west of Flagstaff on I-40 up in the mountains. There is a lot of rock on the ground between the truck parking and the highway, where I was walking Smokey. It is slightly slanted, the ground, so as we were walking down incline, the rocks just moved under my feet. Small rocks, like gravel I guess you could say. So I slid in a really funny position and my left foot ended up under me. My ankle is pretty sore and is actually a little swollen. But nothing popped, and I can move it, it is just pretty darn sore. J is always telling me not to wear my flip-flops, and he is probably right, (shhh, don't tell him I said that) but I would have fallen even if I were wearing tennis shoes because of the way the gravel moved. Don't worry though! My swollen ankle doesn't effect my fingers, so I can still blog!

No comments: