Monday, July 13, 2009

Avondale,PA

Sorry folks, I'm getting behind again! This morning J woke me up at the next to the last service plaza on I-76 in Pennsylvania. Our delivery was this morning at 0700 at Costco in Monroe Township,NJ. As a rule, we really dislike going into NJ but this had to be the easiest place to find yet that we have been sent to in NJ.

We got there about 30 minutes early and went to check in. After getting checked in, we got a dock and were unloaded by around 0745. From there I just pulled out and parked inside the facility next to the curb to wair for our next load assignment.

Finally about 45 minutes later, we get our next load. I need to head to Atkinson Truck Lines in Bensalem,PA to pick up a hazmat load bound for Louisville,KY. Being the airhead that I am, when I pull out onto I-95 heading south, I completely missed my turn. So what should have been a 40 mile drive, turned into a 120 mile drive. ARGH!! I ended up staying on the NJ side and didn't make it over to the PA side where I needed to be. I am sure some of the bridges going over to PA would have been fine, but I don't like getting off onto the small state highways when I haven't travelled them before. So I went the EXTREMELY long way, that I knew was ok for trucks, and finally made it into Bensalem.

I checked in and was told that my loaded trailer wasn't there yet, so I could just drop my empty and park with the bobtails to wait for it to get there. I did all that and sat there about an hour when I get a message from our FM that he is taking us off that load and putting us on another one. It is a better paying load, but it goes to Florida. That means we will get a shitty paying Tropicana load coming out of there. Well, gotta do what we gotta do I guess.

I head back in and hook up to my empty that I had brought in, and took it through the trailer wash that they have there, and off I went again. It was only about 60 miles down, so it wasn't bad, but the last 20 or so miles was through towns and on a tiny two lane road. PITA is what that was.

But I have made it here and managed to get backed into the assigned dock. Now we are just playing the waiting game for them to start loading our mushrooms. And no, not the kind that make you halucinate. At least I don't think so..... Maybe I should go find out. :) Nah, it is a produce load, not a pharmaceudical load. No funny mushrooms here!

No comments: