Friday, April 18, 2008

Amarillo By Morning.....

Well, by 2000 hrs and up from Lubbock, not San Antonio. But it sounded good in my head. We are sooo tired today. Got a load last night leaving out of Desoto,TX from Walmart heading to a Sam's Club in Lubbock,TX. That worked out perfectly since we were wanting to get to Lubbock. Now remember, yesterday, after stopping at Texarkana, I got maybe 6 hours sleep total. Ok, so after getting up at around 0630 yesterday we drop that load in Lewisville, take the trailer and drop it off to get repairs and bobtail to Walmart DC to pick up the load heading to Lubbock. Because of an accident and being stuck on the highway for over 2 hours, we make it to the Walmart DC at around 1600. Get the load, head to the Pilot for fuel and to scale, and head out. We are talking it is now 1800 hours. Sheesh. No nap for me and I take off driving. Get into Lubbock at around 0030 this am and we had a 0130 appt. Stop at the Flying J for some coffee and the restroom and get to the Sam's Club about 0110. We can't get ahold of anyone to answer the door. As I start to call into dispatch, J finally gets someone on his phone. They have us back up to a dock and wait. I waited for a while but around 0230 I just couldn't hang any more. I hit the sack and since J had slept all the way there he stayed up until we were unloaded. Finally he pulls away and parks in the Sam's parking lot at 0410 and hits the sack.

Bright and early at 0730 my alarm goes off. That wasn't near enough sleep I tell myself. But we don't have a choice because my mom is expecting us. I manage to wake myself up enough to call her and she is about 3 minutes away at the Home Depot getting some stuff. So she comes over and jumps in with us and we head over to ThermoKing. Now I know you are wondering why we did that. Well, Prime doesn't like it's trailers to be parked anywhere unattended, even if they are empty. So they set it up with ThermoKing for us to park at their lot which is fenced in. But we have to be back to pick it up around 1630 because they close at 1700. Drop the trailer off and head over to my mom's house. She just moved back to Lubbock and is staying with a friend of her's so we were helping her move some stuff around and get the house in some sort of order. Her friend is a complete pack rat and not a really good housekeeper. Of course this gives my mom a "project" which will keep her busy for a year trying to get the house straightened up. Anyway, my brother comes over also and between him and J they get a bunch of furniture moved out to the garage and get some other stuff done. It was stuff that was just too big for my mom to try to move. It is always nice having muscles around. I guess that is what sons, son-in-laws and husbands are for. :)

Around 1545 we leave because now we have to go pick up the trailer and we are meeting my dad over at the Flying J for some dinner. Had a decent dinner, but the company was better. :) I sure miss my parents and don't get to see them near as often as I wish I could. I think maybe now it will be easier to see them though since we are more in control of our lives since we are in business for ourselves and have a little more freedom in where we go.

We did decide to drop Bandit off with my mom. I think that is for the best for her. Mom loves Bandit and this way Bandit can be more active. We brought Smokey with us and he isn't really sure of the truck. We got him in the truck, but once you set him down, he won't move from there. I guess it is all just new and he doesn't like the movement of the truck. But he is still a puppy so he will grow into it. I figure we just need to give him a few days to adjust to it. He has grown quite a bit since we found him in the house. He is filling out really nice and looks like he is going to be a good medium sized dog. The older he gets the more Pit we see in him. That doesn't bother us though. It is all in how a dog is brought up. We have had two Rottweillers in the past. Both of them over 160 lbs, and yes, you read that correctly. They were huge and from excellent bloodlines. They have a bad rap also, but they were both the sweetest dogs. Protective, yes. But vicious for no reason, no. But we will get some more pictures of both dogs as soon as we can and post them on here.

Right now we are headed to Amarillo and have about 50 miles to go or so. The run up to Portland is only about 1600 miles and our appointment is at 0430 on Monday morning, so we have extra time. Once we pick up this load, we are going to go scale it, take a shower, and call it a day. Then we will head out in the morning. about 12-16 hours sleep in the last three days just isn't cutting it for me.

No comments: