Monday, April 21, 2008

Portland,OR

Made it into Portland early this morning for our 0430 appt. Last night was treacherous. Coming across I-84 through eastern Oregon it started snowing. Then I hit road construction. Then the truck lost traction coming around a turn where the road was going down to one lane and I was headed up hill. SHIT! Well, I had no choice but to bring it to a stop. And of course we don't have any chains with us. I know, I know, but hell, it is almost freaking May people!! By the grace of God, and after basically screaming at J to wake up because I was freaked out, I was able to get rolling again. Of course the people behind me weren't happy because, like I said, I was just coming around a turn, so when I started out again, anyone coming around that turn was on my ass, but there was nothing I could do about it. Made it up to the top of the hill and pulled over. That seriously freaked me out. J drove us the rest of the way through the snow and down to Pendleton,OR which was about 30 miles. Then I was fine to take over again. I have done really well in the snow and ice, but losing traction like that, and it being dark, really messed me up. But I am all good now. :)

So, now that I have told you about that, I will tell you about our other problem we are having. For some reason, the passenger side fuel tank is not working. The tanks are set up to where you use fuel from each tank simultaneously and they drain at an equal rate. For whatever reason, the passenger side one is not draining. Something must be clogged or something. So we can go about 250 miles and it shows we are down to 1/4 tank because it is only reading the drivers side tank. Makes for a pain in the ass when you have to stop so often to get fuel. We were going to take it to a dealership here in Portland but we have to be in Springfield to have the APU installed on Saturday so we are just going to deal with the one tank for the rest of the week and then have them fix it while they are installing the APU. Smarter to be down one time instead of twice in a week.

Right now it is Monday night and we are stopped in Biggs,OR and are parked at the Pilot. Because of last night and the snow and the fuel tank situation, J didn't get much sleep at all. Actuall neither did I today. So we stopped and got a shower and decided to call it a night. We have about 2200 miles to go from here so that is an easy 500 miles each day the next two days for each of us and then J will only have about 200 miles to get us the rest of the way in on Thursday. We don't have an appt time yet, but we will be good to go. From there or FM has us a load waiting to come to Springfield so we should be in sometime Friday evening and that will work to get the truck in the shop for the fuel tank before the appt for the APU which is at 1700 on Saturday.

Smokey is doing really well in the truck now that he isn't traumatized anymore. He loves to sit in your lap on the passenger side and watch out the window. He also LOVES to cuddle on the bed and is a complete bed hog. He has done really good at peeing outside, but he has only pooped once. I am keeping an eye on him for that because I don't know if he just doesn't need to go, or if he is holding it for some reason. I take that back, he has pooped twice. Once in the truck :( but he is a puppy so that is going to happen. Did a little laundry today because of that....

Got some pictures of him today at a rest area and I think they are really cute. I will try to get the downloaded tomorrow. I am pooped and I an going to hit the sack.

4 comments:

Wolfeman said...

Met Dr.Z yesterday morning. He was pulling onto I80 in PA just as I went by. We stopped at the Petro and had breakfast. I had just come from a shop that replaced my batteries as one shorted over the weekend. Spent the weekend with my daughter the Vet in Danville, PA.

Business sucks, T/S is laying off office personnel and has had several owners quit or park their trucks due to the fuel prices. I've only got 7 loads for April and I've been out all month. If it wasn't for the Sprinters, I'd be in trouble. Of course that $480 dollar battery replacement didn't help matters either.

Let me know how the APU install goes.

Anonymous said...

SO GOOD to see Tnet and J at Prime! I used to read this blog all of the time and have been slack reading this one and writing my own for the past few months while training. I didnt even know you guys were AT Prime until I saw a post from you guys on primedrivers.net. I was stoked that you guys are with us! Now that I am all caught up on what I missed on your blog, Ill be sure to check in daily!

And Dr Z gets around...I think we have ALL met him. LOL. He is a great guy!

TNet and J, Ill be at the yard for the week starting in thursday...you should give me a call and we can meet up with you guys for a burger at the Cafe in the Mellinium building. 309.706.5510. Call me and lets meet up. It will be fun meeting you guys!

Unknown said...

What a delight reading your blog and catching up on the two of you. Glad you finally caught up on some sleep as I was getting a little worried for you both.

Green Chile Cheeseburgers - the best. There's a place in Santa Rosa that does them too and they are GR8!!

I hope everything works out well for you. Prime is definitely on my list should I ever give up my local gig. Appreciate all the work you put in your blog - keep it up.

T-Net said...

Doug, what is the name of that place in Santa Rosa? And can we get the truck in there? growing up in Southern Colorado, we got spoiled with green chile burgers and huevos rancheros. No one does it like they do there and in Northern New Mexico. I think it is more of an American Indian thing than a Hispanic thing. All I know is that it is delicious and hard to find a place that makes green chile like home does. Now my mouth us watering wanting a green chile burger open face just smothered in green chile! And don't forget the chile cheese fries covered in green chile too. YUMMY!!!