Sunday, April 27, 2008

Springfield,MO

Currently we are sitting at the hotel here in Springfield. Got the truck in last night and got the APU installed. Then this morning J got up and went over and picked it up and took it over to Freightliner so they could look at the fuel tank. He left them our phone number so they should give us a call when it is ready. J is the sweetest and let me sleep in this morning while he went and took care of that stuff. Not that I got much sleep because Smokey heard everything outside the hall and was a big boy and barked and protected me. It was really cute so it was hard to get mad at him. He was just doing his job.

When J got back we went across to Bob Evans and grabbed us some breakfast. Now we are back at the hotel chillin out and watching tv. Actually I think we are going to take a nap. It is a lazy day and I don't feel like doing too much.

2 comments:

orangetrucker said...

Hey Tracy,

I saw your message on my blog, I am still running team, for now. John is not adapting well to the lifestyle. He wants to get paid for everything, I told him he needs to get on with a union outfit and get paid by the hour. I am really enjoying my time on the road. We are getting good miles and Adrienne really takes care of us. She makes sure we are paid for all our miles, detention , and any layover we may have. I have really had some fat paychecks the last 4 weeks. I have only had to wait on a load once, but I knew that was going to happen, as freight was slow that weekend. The shortest run we have had so far has been 874miles. But we got a 2581 mile run after we delivered that one. I've talked to two other drivers who would like to team if things don't work with my current partner, so I am not really concerned.
I am loving SNI so far, they have lived up to everything they promised, and I have ran hard to show them I am willing to work hard for them. As long as they keep giving me the miles I will keep the wheels turning.
I am going to get an air card tomorrow so I can keep my blog up to date, I'm sure we were in the same area last week, I drove right past Clines Corners, on the day you were there. When I can keep my blog updated, maybe we can meet up and have a chance to sit down, eat and catch up.
Be`safe, and I will see you down the road.

Mark

Anonymous said...

GREAT speaking with you today, TNet. I am really bummed that we missed you while we were both at the yard. Would have been an eye opener for Rachel. Stay safe!