Thursday, April 24, 2008

Peoria,Illinois

Well, from the title it appears we have covered some ground since I posted last. I was going to post yesterday, but there was nothing to post when I got up because, well, all I had done since I posted before that was sleep. :) Then I drove and was worn out when I parked for the night outside of Rawlins,WY and my worn out ass didn't get up until 1445 today to start driving at 1500. Yeah, I was pretty tired. I can't remember the last time I basically slept ALL of J's shift.

Anyway, so J got me to just west of Lincoln,NE today and that is where I took over. Finished up the shift with 520 miles and stopped at a rest area just east of Peoria,Il. Looks like J will only have about 320 miles to go to our first drop tomorrow in Cincinnati,OH and then it is on 90 miles to our final drop after that. So it should be an easy shift for him. Although he does have to tailgatge both of the drops, but a little physical labor never hurt anyone. :)

When I took over driving today it was really windy outside. I mean, I had to keep both hands on the wheel to keep it on the road. I hate when it is windy. Suprisingly, there was no wind at all coming across WY last night. And if you have kept up with my blog, you will know that I consider that the HELL state because of the wind and snow. But, since we were in Portland heading to Cincinnati, that was the best route to take so I just sucked it up and drove. I was extremely happy that it was a smooth drive across there. Maybe I will have to reevaluate my opinion of that state. Nah, I will keep that opinion for the winter months. I will just have a different opinion for the summer months. Yeah, because I am a woman and we are entitled to have differing opinions on subjects. I am pretty sure it is written down in some book somewhere. Like Woman Law.

Not that this is very interesting, but I had a PB&J sandwich for lunch and it was delish. Picked up some milk at the Pilot in Des Moines and it was ice cold. Perfect combination of PB&J with milk. Then for dinner I cooked some ramen. Chicken flavor. I really like having the microwave in the truck and being able to eat out of here and not having to eat truck stop food all the time. I can't wait until we get the APU installed so we can get an actual fridge in here. Then we will be set!

So here is the schedule for the next few days. Drop at two places tomorrow and be finished with this load. Then our FM is supposed to have us a load going back to Springfield. Since it is only about 550 miles from our last drop to Springfield, we should be in to Springfield sometime Friday, depending on when we can pick the load up. So I figure we will get in on Friday, try to get into the ACEII class on Saturday morning, check after that on getting the Smith System class, then the appt for the APU to be installed at 1700 on Saturday and on Sunday morning at 0800 we have an appointment at Freightliner to get the fuel tank problem taken care of. Also have plans on Saturday night to have dinner with a friend and her husband. When we were there last she mentioned a good cheap mexican food place they like to go to that has great margaritas. So that is what we will be doing Saturday night. Then TruckingTiger is supposed to be at the yard over the weekend, so we are hoping we can meet up with him.

That is my fun and exciting schedule for the next few days. I will keep ya updated on how things go. Crap, I forgot to download those pics of Smokey. I promise I will get that done. It may be over the weekend but I will get them posted.

Take care till then.....

3 comments:

Scott said...

Hey, I had a pb&j a couple days ago and have been eating them for lunch now and then. :-)

Heffard said...

It may be to soon to ask, but how do you think you are doing, moneywise, as a lease operator? (If you don't mind me asking.)

Sounds like you are just doing what you were with SNI. (just having to get fuel more often...Just kidding.)

Does this feel different? Better or worse? Too soon to tell?

Heffard

John said...

Actually your comment on women and their opinion allowances is in fact law. Federal guidelines formed by the Federal Department of Femaleness states in Section 45, Paragraph 12, sub-paragraph 9, and I quote, "A woman, female child, or any other individual falling under the category of female, not to include those that have become female after there first year of life, do herewith and henceforth have the right, consideration, and/or obligation to change, exchange, alter, or sublet, any opinion that said female may have at anytime and is not to be construed as limited to the time span which occurs after said opinion is thought of for the first time but may include the previous five (5) hours before said opinion is conjured. No limitations shall be forthwith placed upon the female in regards to said opinions nor on the expression thereof."

Paragraph 13 deals with the penalties that may occur on those who try to limit the opinion of females. Scary reading, for sure.

Have fun.