Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Massachusetts Mahem

I'm going to try to make this short because it is almost 0400 and I am pooped!

Here goes.....

OMG the people back east are freaking crazy! Here is the deal. Sunday I get up at about 1300 and visit with J a while as he is driving then I take over around 1500. Midnight I make it into Boston and stop at the last service plaza on I-90 EB. I get J up because I am headed to a produce market in downtown Boston and figured it was best if we were both up. Ok, get him up, take off, drive through downtown Boston which is all UNDER GROUND basically and make it to location right on time. Find my consignee and back in only to be told go to the back side. ARGH! This place is a zoo, I am parked and they want me to move. Ok, whatever. Head around to the other side, get unloaded and off we go to our 2nd consignee. This one was at the same produce market just in a different building. Head over to that one, find out where they want me and J gets out and guides me back in. I had to do a 90 degree back in a VERY tigh place because there are semis and box trucks everywhere. This place is a freaking zoo. But I must say that was the most beautiful 90 degree back I have ever done. Had it almost perfect and only had to pull up once. Yeah, for those of you watching, I am a chick driving the truck that just did that beautiful backing job that you were admiring. ;0)

Alrighty, those appointments were at 0200 and 0400. About 0430 we head out to our 0600 appointment in Warwick,RI which is basically Providence,RI. J takes over for day shift and drives us there. Get that done and head to The Only Truck Stop in RI, which is coincidentally the name of the truck stop AND I think it IS the only truck stop in RI. Go grab some breakfast, which I have to say was wonderful. Some of the best biscuits and sausage gravy I think I have ever had. Got a full belly and now I can go to sleep. It is now 0800 and WAAAYYY past my bedtime.

1000 hrs I hear J start the truck up because we got our next load and it has to be picked up by noon local which gives us one hour to get there. Made it there picked that up, which was a place north of Boston, then we head back through Boston and find a place at the second travel plaza to park and get some sleep. Both of us are freaking loopy at this point. When he took off to pick this current load up at 1000, it woke me up, so I had been going on 2 hours of sleep. We park up front along the curb of the 4 wheeler parking because it was packed in the back. Head in to grab some lunch before we hit the sack. We get our food and are just sitting down at the table when I notice some guy walking around our truck. We are the ONLY truck parked out front so it couldn't be another driver walking to his truck. So I tell J to go check it out. J puts on his cop face and heads out there. Luckily, before J was able to do any ass kicking, the guy introduced himself and it was none other than DrZebra. What a coincidence that we ended up at the same travel plaza. He said that he noticed our truck number and thought it was ours. Then he ran back to his truck and got online and checked another site that we frequent to verify that it was indeed us. So he was trying to find us to say hi. It was really cool to get to meet him and visit for a while. We already apologized on the other site for being so loopy since we were exhausted. And of course we needed a shower, and he caught me with my hair in a baseball cap and no make up. Which isn't a big deal, but a LITTLE makeup would have been nice to hide the giant zit that had decided to make an appearance. But what the hell. He's married. He knows how us women are. :)

So we took a nap and got up at 1900 and headed out. We decided to take I-90 over and drop down through Ohio to our destination. It was actually a little shorter but of course it cost us more in tolls. But I think it will be worth it. This road is MUCH better that I-80 is.

We stopped a few miles back and now J is driving and I am about to take my wore out rear to bed. When we drop this load tomorrow, I will try to get a picture of Bandit in the truck so you can see her while we have her with us. Probably dropping her off with my Mom when we can get through or near Lubbock and then we will pick Smokey up.

Take care everyone and I'll be back later!

No comments: