Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Austin,TX

What a wonderful 4 days off we had! I feel completely refreshed. We got to see friends, go to the waterpark with Jessica, eat ice cream cake for my birthday. It was just a really nice time. But we missed being out on the open road and it is nice to be back in the truck.

First, before I forget, this is for Craig and Diane. You said you lost weight on Nutri System and that it worked for you. Did you do this while you were on the truck? Can you tell me what kind of excercise you did and were you able to fit in if you were driving? Did you mainly just walk or did you try to fit any weight or resistance training into it? We started today and I'm gonna get to that next!

Ok, so we got our Nutri System in the mail and got it while we were at home. We kept splurging while we were at home but today was our first day back on the road so we are starting this today. For breakfast I had the blueberry muffins. They had good flavor but were a bit on the dry side. But they were decent. I wanted to smother them in butter but figured that wasn't part of the diet plan. No snack for women before lunch but the men get one on their plan. Anyway, so for lunch I had the Black Bean Tortilla Soup. It was actually very tasty. Except that I have the farts now. LOL Not sure if that is from the soup or from all the hot sauce I had last night on my chicken wings. Had a salad along with that, basically just the bagged salad with some balsalmic vinegar dressing and a piece of cheese. Low fat of course. For a snack I had an apple and then for dinner I had the Potatoes with Beef Steak dinner which was delicious except for the nasty mushrooms that I had to pick out. Real potatoes with the skins on and real steak strips. Very yummy. A salad of course but left out the vegetable. I was full. For a snack I think I am going to have a cookie that they sent. So that is what I ate today. I feel pretty full so that is a good thing. I drank water all day except for a diet coke this afternoon and that is allowed. I will try to post what I eat each day and how I am doing. I would LOVE to lose about 30 lbs. That would get me to about 120. Us girls are going on a cruise in October so I HAVE to get in shape for that. It is my motivation.

We headed out today and picked up an empty trailer in Fort Worth. Then we headed to Austin to pick up our load. We are now headed out of Austin enrt to our drop which is in Cranberry,NJ. We have to be there by 1000 on Friday morning. We are driving 55 mph this month to see how we do on fuel so we will be driving straight through to get this there on time. We trip planned at 45 and we can make it but we only have about 1 hour to spare. We may kick the speed up on the last leg if we need to so we can make it on time, but if we keep rolling and keep stops to a minimum we should be fine.

That is what is up with us. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a great one!

2 comments:

Heffard said...

With you both on a diet, (and you may know this) Joe may loose weight faster than you do. Men can loose weight faster than women can, most of the time. Simply differences in body chemistry.
(I had weight problems while I was in the Army. Learn this, and a lot more in nutrition class.)

Good Luck to you both.

Jeff

Unknown said...

I lost the weight the last year I was at SJPD before joining Craig on the truck. At that time I was working out 2 times a day, walking 5 miles and then 1 hour on the eliptacle machine in the evening. I've been able to keep it off since then, by maintaining 1200-1500 calories a day, making sure I eat small meals/snack 6 times a day. We keep active and walk when we can while on the road. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.