Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ontario,CA

Well, we are here for another night. Sometimes I just want to kick myself in the ass. You know how I was telling you I could only drive 3.75 hours yesterday? Well, I had it in my head that today would be my 8th day and that I could gain some hours back. Nope, not the case. Today was only my 7th day. And as of yesterday I was at exactly 70 hours. Now the DOT rule is that we can not work more than 70 hours in an 8 day period. Today is my 8th day and I have already hit my 70. That means I am done until midnight when I will gain back 10.75 hours. Luckily we stopped early last night so when we got up this morning to make this last delivery, J had already had a 10 hour break so he was able to get us to the receiver. After we delivered there we came back to the TA here in Ontario and we are just staying till in the morning. I sent our FM a message with my hours and told him I couldn't drive so we wouldn't be available until tomorrow morning at 0300. He sent a message saying OK so we are good to go. I did tell him though that if he gets us a load lined up for tomorrow to let us know as soon as he gets it. If he finds something today that picks up at say 0800 in the morning, then there is no reason for me to get up at 0300 to check the Qualcomm. Our Qualcomm times out after the truck has been turned off a certain period of time. So unless I get up and turn the truck on I won't get any messages. So I am really hoping that he finds us a load before he goes home.

Right now I am sitting here watching TV in the truck and blogging. The cool thing about Idleaire is that you can just give them your drivers license to hold and you can get a TV to watch. Plus the Idleaire lets you hook up to the internet (which I don't need since I have an air card), has four 110 outlets, pay per view movies and A/C which is the most important when you are in California and they have these stupid no idling laws. And is it REALLY hot here already.

We still haven't heard from Justin yet. We know he is in Illinois for Basic Training but we don't know what town. He called his home twice. Once at 0230 in the morning, according to Jessica and the second time no one was home and he left a message. I am anxious to get his address because it is always great to get mail. Also I really want to know when he graduates Basic so we can be there. J said when he went through Basic he didn't have anyone there at Graduation and he knows how he felt. He said it would have been really nice if someone was there for him. So we are going to make it a point to be there for Justin's Graduation.

I guess that is about it. At least we are parked a little closer this time so I don't have to walk as far to the bathroom!

4 comments:

Picabo972 said...

I read all your posts this week and my eyeballs are rolling woman! I know you need a real vacay and I can't wait til October! Yay..only 3 more months til the girls get wild. haha I actually thought about poor J and said he should just go but that wouldn't be fair to all the other girls. You'd get lucky and we wouldn't! So he stays home :( Sorry J, I still love you. Ya'll be safe. Come home and visit me soon!

T-Net said...

J will be ok. :) I just had to promise to bring back pictures. LOL I think he foresees this as a Girls Gone Wild weekend. Ok, well maybe a little, but probably not what he has in mind. I'm not sure what he is going to do while we are gone. He may run solo or he may just hang out there and chill. He probably relishes the idea of getting rid of me for a few days and having some time all to himself!

joel said...

I thought that once you hit 70hrs in a 8 day period, you had to do a 34hr restart.

Unknown said...

hi. he's in Great Lakes, IL. It's right by Waukegan, IL