Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ontario,CA

What a week this has been. I am worn out! I made the mistake of not adding up my hours and woke up this morning to realize that I could only drive 3.75 hours. Not near enough time to make it to our drops. Well hell. But first, let me back up.

After we dropped in Nutty New Jersey, we went up to Waterford,NY to pick up a Hazmat load of some chemicals with two stops in California. The first in Ontario and the next 25 miles away in LaHabra. Ok, pick up the load and head out. Our first stop in Ontario shows a delivery on 07/01 but no appointment time set yet. Our last drop in LaHabra shows a delivery dabe of 6/30 between 0700-1600. Ok, first off, how can our last drop be scheduled before our first stop? And they have to be in that order because that is how the trailer is loaded. Well, this morning I wake up and realize I am out of hours so I drive us as far as Havasu City,AZ. I stop for a few hours and realize if I get J up early, not early as in illegal, but he can get us in to our first stop. Now during the trip we got a message saying they had changed our last appointment to 07/01 0700-1600 and I confused that with the first stop that didn't have an appointment yet. So I was thinking that both were on the same day just before 1600. Well, as it turns out, they still did not have an appointment for our first drop and what they sent me was that they changed the DATE of the last stop from 06/30 to 07/01. Either way, I am still thinking I have an appointment at BOTH places.

Anyway, J gets up and takes off and we start having problems with the reefer shutting off. Our FM sends a message and by this time it has shut off twice. So we get on the phone with Road Assist and we have to take it to a truck stop because there is no Carrier/ThermoKing dealer close except for in Ontario, which is where we are headed. We make it to Barstow,CA and stop at the TA and have them look at it. It turns out that it was OUT of coolant. We get that fixed, after a few hours but we aren't going to make it to either place before 1600. So I call our FM and talk to him about it and that is when we realize that there is still NO appointment for our first drop. He said they had been e-mailing and calling them for the last two days and couldn't get ahold of anyone. We just decided we would head over and see if they could get us unloaded and if not then we would come back first thing in the morning. Before all this I had called our last stop and found out that even if we had made it by 1600, they don't take receiving past 1400. They changed that as of June 1st and apparently our Sales department didn't get the memo. So I am STILL waiting on an actual appointment time for them in the morning. He said that I would need an appointment to get unloaded, not just show up when you can and we will get to you. So I still don't have an appointment with them.

Now, on the bright side. We made it to our first drop about 1800 hrs and they were open and they unloaded us. So now all we have to do is head to the TA in Ontario for the night and find out in the morning when our next appointment is at our last drop. I am exhausted after this week. It isn't good to work as many hours as I worked in the last 5-6 days. It will wear you out!

Now if I can get a shower and a hot meal, I will be set. A good nights sleep on top of that and I will be one happy girl!

No comments: