Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Springfield,MO

Yep, we are still here. On the bright side, we got the window fixed and the lights fixed. Now we are just waiting on a load. We got back to the yard from the hotel around 0830 this morning and we were #3 on the list of teams waiting for a load. Now it is 1315 and we are still waiting.

Another friend of ours made it to the yard this morning and we got to visit and have breakfast with him. J headed to bed after that and I was able to get him to help me figure out this i-Pod stuff so I could download songs for J onto his i-Pod Nano that we got last night. I have an mp3 but am having issues with it so I was going to return it and get me an i-Pod Touch but of course they were out of them. Pooh! I will have to try another place. At least the i-Tunes store is much more user friendly than the other places that I was using for my mp3, which was NOT an i-Pod.

Oh, and the friend that we met has a puppy with him. It is an English Bulldog that is only maybe 9 weeks old and it is the cutest puppy ever!! He named him Diesel (how cute is that?) and the poor puppy is already driving him nuts. He is trying to get rid of him already and if I had the money to buy him, and if I could take J into it, I would scoop him up in a heartbeat! He said he would even take payments. Unfortunately, an English Bulldog is going to get fairly big and there is not going to be enough room for both him and Smokey in the truck. So I will have to pass on him and keep my Smokey.

Speaking of dogs though, last night when we got back to the hotel from Walmart, there was a guy out walking his Rottweiller. OMG that dog reminded me of our Rottweiller, Harley, that we had to put down quite a few years ago. He had cancer. Man I miss that dog. That was truly the best dog we have ever had. All 165 lbs of him.

Not much else going on here. Just sitting and waiting on a load. I'll update more later when we actually do something!

No comments: