Sunday, February 15, 2009

West Memphis,AR

I have had another few days where I couldn't get online on the laptop. I really don't know now if it is my aircard or if I have just been in areas that don't get a good signal. But I have a signal now so I am going to make the most of it while I can.

Now, where did I leave off? Last I left you I was sitting at a service plaza in Kennebunk,ME waiting to go pick up our next load. I got a call from John our FM who said that the load was ready and for us to head out to pick it up. Also said that there was too much time on the load so they rescheduled the appt for 1800 on Friday. Well, thanks for moving it up after I already made plans to meet up with friends from Schneider and for it to be a nice leisurely trip! LOL After a call to our friends that we couldn't meet up, we headed out to pick up the load and we were off.

I'm not sure what the hurry was since it was a drop and they weren't waiting for us to get there to unload it. But we got there on time and dropped and headed over to the TA about 20 miles up to get a PM. We bobtailed up to get that done since they said we could come back anytime for an empty. And we also figured we wouldn't get another load until the next morning sometime so there was no use in dragging around a trailer if we didn't need to. We made it to the TA and grabbed a bite to eat, J got the PM done while I headed to bed. Before I went to bed I sent in a message for them to call us if we got a load since we were both going to be going to bed before too long.

I got a good nights sleep, but of course I woke up at 0600 thinking I had overslept. Stupid internal clock! LOL So I got up and went inside and grabbed a cup of cappucino then headed out to the truck to wait for a load. I didn't even drink the cappucino because I was still so lazy and decided around 0700 that I was going back to bed. The heck with it! I figured they would call if we got a load.

Around 0930 or so the phone rings, and it is John with a load for us. He is so funny sometimes. I answered and he said "Hey this is John. I have a load for you. It pays good, is a drop and hook on both ends and you can deliver before payroll cutoff. So do ya love me?" I just busted out laughing and said "Of course I love ya!" Well, the load could be picked up anytime on Saturday before 2200 hours so we had time to fart around. We got up and grabbed a shower, ate breakfast, did laundry and J replaced a mud flap on the truck that mysteriously disappeared. I mean, you would think you would know if you hit something and ripped one off. But it was gone. Very wierd.

Around 1500 or so we headed back to where we dropped the night before and grabbed an empty trailer and headed to Cleveland,TN to the Mars Factory where we picked up our load. OMG that place smells so good. It is like chocolate flavored air. :) From there we headed up the road to a Love's to scale and grab some dinner. While we were there, we decided to spend the night and just head out this morning. J was getting short on hours and we have until the 19th to deliver this load. But of course we are going to drop it off Tuesday morning for payroll a whole two days early, but we had plenty of time to stop for the night.

This morning I set my alarm for 0600 and got up and got ready. Around 0715 we were rolling out of the parking lot and hitting the road. I managed to make it to West Memphis,AR by 1500 which is where J took over. Didn't make my usual 500+ miles, but then again I started late.

I also found a houseboat online today that I want to buy. We have been talking about getting one for a while and I found one that is on a lake there in Ft Worth. It needs a little work, but the owner is in bad health and selling it for dirt cheap. I mean cheap enough that I could pay cash for it. So I sent an e-mail about the listing and we will see what happens. It was last updated in January, so I don't know if it has already sold or not. With my luck, it probably has, but I still have to check!

I will let you know more when I find something out. :)

1 comment:

Momof5 said...

You know, we are right here at Lake Norman. You need to park your houseboat here!!!!! It's an awesome lake. 500 shoreline miles and lots of great fishing and NASCAR all around and ...... oh yea, us!