Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Troutdale,OR

As I figured, I couldn't get a signal last night in Montana. So here I sit at the TA in Troutdale,OR killing a little time until my appointment at 0730. I called to see if I could get in early but the recording says they don't even open until 0700 so I have to sit here till about 0715 and then I will head over.

Yesterday J got me up in Mandan,ND and I made it as far as Belgrade,MT. Only about 560 miles, but there are some pretty good hills in there to cross over. From there J took over and made it to Pasco,WA where I took over this morning. J had the really big mountains last night and he hit every kind of weather possible. Rain, fog, snow. I sure am glad I was asleep through all of that!

When I started driving this morning the weather was fine. Unfortunately that didn't last for long. About the time I crossed over into Oregon the rain started and continued the rest of the way in. I-84 down by the Columbia River is a beautiful drive. Probably one of my favorites. Too bad I drove it at night and couldn't see the beautiful scenery. And if anyone with the Oregon DOT reads this, (Yeah, right) could you please re-stripe that road!?! You can barely see the lines to know where your lane is let alone where the shoulder is. It is bad enough when the weather is good, but when it is raining, they all but disappear!

So that is what is going on at the moment. Later today I have to call our VP at Carnival and take two of the girls off of the list and add two other names. Then I have to book another cruise for October 31st. Last year we did a girls cruise and this year we are going to do a couples cruise. And it is CHEAP in October! So that is what is on my agenda for the day.

4 comments:

xxx xxxx said...

That musta' been scary last night, T-Net! Hope you get some rest today -

Picabo972 said...

Woohoo...our couples cruise!! Although you might have to change your blog to "Michelle needs a cruise date!" Wait, maybe not since you're all famous now. Miss ya'll!

T-Net said...

Ok, so now it is no date? I'm so confused with your man situation. I can't keep up! LOL

Picabo972 said...

I'm confused too!! But I'll figure it all out before October...I hope!