Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Victorville,CA

I couldn't get online again yesterday but I am in Victorville,CA where I am able to get a signal now.

After we left West Memphis,AR, J drove us across to Oklahoma and almost to the Texas state line. I got up yesterday morning and drove from there to Acoma,NM. The last couple of days we have found a lot of old friends on Facebook and found out that one of our High School friends is living in Flagstaff. So when Joe took over in Acoma, our plan was to get to Flagstaff where we could meet up with Keele, our friend, and visit and have some dinner. I knew that I would need a nap before we got there so I headed to bed for a while.

Around 2015 hours we made it into Flagstaff where J woke me up and we headed in for a shower and then called Keele to meet up with us. We stopped at Little America and had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel. It was so nice catching up with her! She is a crazy girl! And still as pretty as ever if I do say so! Unfortunately we had to hit the road. As we were walking out and saying our goodbyes, we realized it had started snowing. Now, wasn't is just snowing the last time we were through Flagstaff about a week ago? Yes it was! Well, we take off and J drove through some really nasty conditions, everything from a white out to snow and ice covered roads and the plows hadn't made it out yet. Seeing as how I was a nervous wreck (I am a horrible passenger in bad weather) and I was exhausted, I headed back to bed to hide in the covers so I wouldn't see what was going on outside.

This morning, J woke me up in Kingman,AZ. He made it that far and finally made it out of the snow but was exhausted from dealing with it. Since we could deliver this load anytime today before our payroll cutoff, I got to sleep in until 0600. That was nice, but I still wanted more sleep!

I made it to our delivery around 1130 this morning and from there we headed to the Pilot down the road to scan in our trips so we could get paid this week. That is VERY important! While I was heading over to the Pilot though, I ended up taking a side road to get to there and I found a Motel 6 you couldn't see from the highway tucked behind a Holiday Inn. And two important things about Motel 6. First, I think they all accept pets. Second, this one was newer, had inside rooms and had a big sign advertising the "Bar & Grill" inside. Now have you EVER seen a Motel 6 with a restaurant inside, let along a bar? Now, we had talked to our FM and he said it would probably be tomorrow before we could get a load. This worked for us because J needs a restart on his hours. So, as soon as I finished up at the Pilot, I headed back over to the Motel 6 and checked in.

Right now we are checked into a really nice Motel 6, kicking back chillin, and watching TV. Smokey is sound asleep at the foot of the bed and we are contemplating when we are going to head down to the bar and grill and grab a beer and something to eat. Life is good at the moment!

No comments: