Saturday, February 21, 2009

Tomah,WI

After spending a nice relaxing night in the hotel in Victorville, it was time to hit the road and start working again.

While at the hotel we got our next load to pick up Wednesday evening and deliver in Tomah,WI at 0300 on Saturday. We checked out of the hotel at noon and headed up to the Pilot to kill a few hours. After a nap and a late dinner, we headed back to pick up an empty and then headed down to Colton to pick up our load.

We got in to get loaded and were loaded really fast. J said there were three guys loading the trailer and it was loaded in less than 10 minutes. I would say we were in and out of there within an hour, which is pretty darn fast for a live load. From there J headed out and got us just across the Nevada state line where I took over on Thursday morning. It really was an uneventful trip this time, for the most part. I made it to Green River,UT and J took over and made it to the Nebraska state line. From there I drove into Des Moines,IA where we stopped for dinner and a shower. AT that point, J only had 320 miles to go to the receiver.

We pulled out of des Moines around 1900 giving us 8.5 hours to get the 320 miles. It was plenty of time, and J still managed to get us here early, but we hit snow. Lots of snow coming down up here in WI and the northern part of IA on I-35. Roads are completely snow packed and of course in the middle of the night, there weren't very many plows out.

As J was finishing the delivery, I woke up and when he was done we headed down to a truck stop 2 exits down. It is a KwikTrip but there is lots of parking. They also have a restaurant called the Hearty Platter. Darn good food and lots of it. And probably the cheaest place we have eaten in a long time. Too bad we don't get up this way very often, but I am going to have to remember this little place.

Now I am sitting here chillin in the truck thinking about taking a nap. It is still snowing outside and we don't have a load. And it is Saturday. Not looking good. But we told dispatch to call us if we get a load because we are going back to bed. Since we are tucked up in here nice and cozy, the only thing missing is a fireplace!

3 comments:

xxx xxxx said...

What a cozy post, T-Net! It's 44 degrees and sunny down in Santa Fe right now. I think I'm beginning to smell spring!

T-Net said...

I hope your nose is right Tom! I just drove 200 miles in the snow to pick up in Sturtevant,WI and have to turn around and go back the same direction. I am ready for Spring!

Silvia said...

I don't believe it - I am not reading your blog for a day or two and you guys hang around WI! LOL I always think I catch you somewhere! Anyways, just be glad you don't see roads that read "OO" up here! LOL