Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Eaton,OH.

Yes, we have covered another 2000 miles since I posted on Monday and here it is only Wednesday!

After getting unloaded on Monday morning in Carson,CA I headed back towards Ontario,CA to get the trailer washed out. Actually it is in Fontana,CA which is just across the interstate from the TA's that are in Ontario. Anyway, I got the trailer washed out and as soon as I was pulling out of the bay to the street headed to the TA I hear the Qualcomm go "BEEP!" Wow, that was fast for our next load. I was expecting to sit for a few hours.

I go ahead and go to the TA and park and then look at the work assignment. I was picking up in Ontario in less than an hour and taking the load to Hamilton,OH. I punched the address into Maggie (the GPS) and I lucked out and was less than 3 miles away. Awesome! I wrote all of the trip info down, took Smokey out for a walk, and headed over to Americold to pick up our load.

Once I got there, I parked and headed into the Shipping office to see how long it would be and where they needed me. I lucked out and got a door right away. Two and a half hours later I was loaded and on my way to scale. It would have been sooner, but their lunch break fell in that time frame so I had to wait for that. It worked out though because the roach coach, aka catering van, came by and I got some awesome tacos for J and I.

After I scaled at the TA I headed to the fuel aisle to get my scale ticket. Thank goodness I was about perfectly even on my weights and I didn't have to mess with sliding the tandems on the trailer. J had woke up and since it was almost time for him to drive, he went ahead and took over there.

This is one of those runs that was TIGHT on time. We had to bump the speed up if we were going to make it on time. With the exception of CA and OH, we ran 65 the whole way out here. I woke up this morning in St Louis,MO and I made it here with just over an hour to spare. To me that is cutting it close. Just stopping to go to the restroom can take 20 minutes if Smokey can't decide which area he needs to mark. He is picky about that. :)

Once I got to Interstate Cold Storage, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were going to just let me drop the trailer and I didn't have to wait for them to unload me. Sweet! But then, just as I was getting unhooked, another Prime truck bobtailed into the lot and snatched the trailer from me! Darn thieves!! LOL Deciding we were in desperate need of a shower before anything, I sent in a message saying that we were going to go get a shower while we waited for our next load and that when we were done we would go back to Interstate and pick up the trailer I had just dropped off. They had actually started unloading it before I unhooked, so I knew it would be empty when we came back.

We headed up I-75 to a complete dive truck plaza. I wanted a shower so bad that I really didn't care. But it certainly wouldn't get any blue ribbons for the cleanest shower facilities. While we were in there, our FM called and said he had a load for us. No one was getting loaded today because freight is slow. But there is a solo driver passing through on I-70 who won't be able to make his appointment in Massachusettes on Friday and he wanted us to take that load and get it there. Well heck, sure thing! So we gathered our stuff up and headed north to Eaton,OH where we are supposed to meet him. He won't be here till around 0300-0400 so we came in and ate and now J is inside doing laundry while I am supposed to be out here sleeping. But I found I could get a signal and wanted to update you on where we were and what we were doing.

Since we will be delivering on Friday morning up in MA, I am really hoping that he finds us a load back to CA to be delivered before payroll cutoff on Tuesday. Shouldn't be a problem as long as there is a load to be found! So keep your fingers crossed for us. We have a graduation cruise to pay for and a houseboat to remodel. So we need the money!!!! :)

No comments: