Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Okemah,OK

What a beautiful day today has been. I woke up this morning in Jackson,TN and took off driving around 0330 in the pitch dark. It was a little cool when I headed out and I needed a jacket when I stepped outside. Somewhere between Memphis,TN and Little Rock the sun finally made it's way up over the eastern horizon.

I made a stop in North Little Rock at the Love's so that I could grab a fresh drink and take Smokey for a walk. It was still just a little cool. But I could tell it was going to turn into a nice day. Beautiful white clouds outside today which is a welcomed change after driving in nothing but clouds, mist and rain for the last few days.

I finally called it a day here in Okemah,OK. After I got parked I opened the door to take Smokey out and WHAM!! I was assaultede by 94 degree weather! Holy Moly Batman! That is like opening the oven door compared to the temperatures that we have been in lately. Heck, it was less than a month ago when we were shut down in Amarillo with the blizzard! Well, I definitely didn't need the jacket while I walked Smokey. After our 10-15 minute walk, even he was panting like crazy and walked right back to the truck, the shaded side of course, and wanted back into the cool A/C inside!

From here J will be taking over and he will get us as far as he can. We are headed to Victorville,CA and should be there sometime tomorrow evening. Probably between 2100-2200 is what I am guessing. We only have about 1280 miles to go.

Today I was able to finish up paying on the cruise we are taking Jessica on at the end of July and I also booked another cruise for the end of October. The one in July leaves out on the 25th, my birthday, and the one in October leaves out on the 31st, Halloween! They are having a special on the one in October on the balcony rooms so we were able to get a balcony for $1200 for both of us. And that is another 5 night cruise. Darn good price! And we haven't had a balcony before so that will be a lot of fun. I just have to remember not to lean over the edge if I have had any adult beverages! LOL

That is what is going on with us. It sure is nice to see everything turning green again. Spring is finally here again!

No comments: