Friday, September 7, 2007

Back in the saddle again...

It feels good to be back on the road and in our truck! Right now it is 0630 Friday morning and I am sitting behind a K-Mart in Menomonie,WI waiting to get unloaded. I have a 0700 appt and got here a little early. I have two more stops on this run. One in Eau Claire,WI and the other in Chippewa Falls,WI. Kinda funny, I was watching Titanic this past week while we were in the hotel. At one point someone, I think it was Mr Astor, asked if he is part of the Massachusetts Dawsons (or something like that) and he said no he was part of the Chippewa Falls Dawson's. Just struck me funny....

Anyway, fast forward to the end of the day. Made all three stops and I am exhausted. Finished by 1245 at all three stores. However all three were HAND unloads. And the truck was full of boxed artificial Christmas Trees. Everything from 4 ft to 9 ft. The first two stores I unloaded by myself, but I woke Joe up for the third and last one. My arms were worn out. Of course he called me stubborn (which I am) and told me I shouldn't have done that by myself. But if I hadn't, no telling how long we would have been at each store. You can bet that I called in to make sure that we got pay for unloading and also that we had the stop pay for each stop. You see, we drive team, and it is supposed to be 99% no touch freight, and I guess this was the 1% that we had to touch it. I don't mind because it was good physical work and I need that after sitting all of the time. I just wish I had known before I got there that I was going to be working my ass off. So now it is off to bed to recover....

No comments: