Friday, September 28, 2007

If it isn't one thing....

it will be another. Some days are just like that. Truck has been running good after all the work although I still think we need a new seat because it is worn and still makes us lean to the right. But today it was the trailer we had problems with. We left out of Neenah,WI heading towards GA. I was drving. The brakes were making a noise but we could only hear it inside, and not outside (granted the truck was running). I didn't notice anything during pre-trip. I DID notice though that it was hard for me to stop. To the point that going through Chicago and Indy where there is a lot of construction, I had to rely on the engine brake along with the service brake in order to stop. And I was pushing pretty darn hard on the service brake. So we get to Indy and the first place we go, after we fuel, is to the estimator. He initially thought it was a brake chamber because when I released the brakes and put it in drive and stepped on the brakes, you could hear a leak at the back of the tractor. So he told us to go drop the trailer and come back around and we would try to figure out which brake chamber it was on the tractor. So we drop the trailer, come back around and it isn't doing it. Now we are thinking maybe it was the trailer. So we go get another trailer, hook up and check that one and it is fine, so we hook back up to our trailer and it still does it. There is some kind of leak at the nose of the trailer where the airlines go in. Wierd. And the trailer is due for a PM. So now we are sitting in the Indy OC waiting on it to get fixed. I hope it doesn't take too long. When we drop this off in GA around 0600 tomorrow morning, we already have a load in SC waiting for us to pick up going to LA and I don't want to miss out on that one. Something like 2498 miles. Sweet....

No comments: