Monday, September 10, 2007

Laredo

Coming to Laredo to drop a trailer is like trying to catch a greased pig. It isn't an easy experience. So we arrive yesterday in Laredo at the OC at 1545 hours. Get our trailer inspected and come in an park. It shows we have an appt time of 0005 hrs (which is already setting off warning bells) and that it is a live unload. Well, we have already received our next load so we go to see if we can drop the load and grab the next one (which is supposed to be at the OC) and then we can head out. No luck. They won't let us relay. So we bobtail down to where we are delivering after we grabbed something to eat so that we would know where we were going. We get there and it is closed up. There is a sign on the gate that says M-F 0900-1700. GREAT! So we head back and check in again at the services desk and he says we will have to wait until in the morning and then deliver. UGH! Well, turns out not to be a big deal because the trailer we are supposed to pick up is still over in customs in Mexico and won't even be in until sometime today. Fine. So we go do laundry, get some sleep, then get up early and head over to deliver around 0630 to park on the street out front so we will be first in line to get unloaded. 0830 rolls around and I get up and go check in and they tell me I am at the wrong place. I am at the address that my paperwork says I should be at. Come to find out, the company that I am delivering to MOVED facilities about 4 months ago and we still have the old address on file. OK, head back to the OC and start making MORE calls. Ends up that I still have to deliver but we get a good address. Just as we are getting ready to head out, the computers go down and they aren't letting anyone out of the gate. Can this get any better?? So we go inside, get the company car, go grab some lunch, run to the NEW and CORRECT location to find it, then come back to the OC. By this time, the computers are working and they are letting us out. So we head out, get to the consignee and he says that I have an appointment on the 14th! Today is the 10th!! But luckily he was the contact person they talked to this morning when I called in and he knew what was going on. He let me go ahead and come in and drop the trailer and I didn't have to wait for them to unload. That makes me happy. So we drive back to the OC and I go back to the Services Desk and have them track my trailer. Luckily it has made it here from Mexico and off I go in search of it. Find it, hook up and J decides screw it, he is taking a nap. It is his turn to drive and he has been up most of the day with me trying to get this cluster figured out. Now he is inside taking a shower, I took one a little earlier while he was asleep, and we will fuel up when he is done and head out. This load is supposed to be in Oxnard tomorrow by midnight. We will be pushing it to make it there. We would have plenty of time if we could have dropped this earlier load at the OC and not had to waite 18, yes, 18 hours to deliver it!!! I will probably have to send in a Mac and have them push delivery time out a little to make sure we can make it. That is my adventures for the last two days. Hopefully the next two will be better!!

No comments: