Thursday, September 13, 2007

Level 3 DOT Inspection

Yep, finally got pulled into a weigh station for an inspection. Well, J did at any rate. I was asleep. :) He said there were a ton of people there and it looked like they may have been training a bunch of recruits. He was stopped over in Deming,NM by the State Patrol. Of course we had everything in order. J said that when he was in the office there, one of the Troopers made a comment about another drivers logbook (the driver was parking and hadn't made it inside yet.) Said he saw him trying to update it as he was pulling in. Everything showed like 11 hrs driving, 10 hr break, 11 hrs driving, 10 hr break. No stops for breaks, no fuel stops, nothing. I have a feeling that driver probably got a few tickets if not put out of service for 24 hours. LOL!!

Right now we are in Oklahoma. Our load is due tomorrow by midnight in Ohio. I told them we would be in around noon but I am going to have to readjust that and let them know it will be more like 1700-1800 hrs. J didn't get a lot of driving in yesterday because he was exhausted. And today I didn't get up and get on the road until about 0630 which is late for me so I didn't get the miles in that I wanted to. We are having a hard time getting back in the swing of things after that week off in LA. We definitely got a little too lazy and need to kick it in gear.

I'm also starving. I had a good sized salad around 1400 and that was all I have had today. No, I take that back, about an hour after that I had about a 1/3 bag of M&M's. I don't eat a lot on the road but I am gaining weight. I think it is because I sit on my ass all day. Not a good sign. And what sucks is I have NO willpower. I LIKE to eat. I really don't know what I am going to do but I have to do something. It would be really nice if we had a larger fridge and a microwave in the truck so that we could eat a larger variety of things and keep more options in the truck that are healthy. UGH! C'est la vie.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is fantastic. Thank you for the generous detail about your life on the road.
My husband and I have been researching
this career change for a few months and we're almost ready to make the switch.
Eating, exercise and peeing are my remaining three concerns.
1. How big is your fridge?
2. Do you have a microwave? Can you fit a toaster oven or microwave?
3. How much room do you have for food storage? Other storage, (ie) clothing?
I mentioned installing a small fridge to the SNI recruiter, he didn't think we were nuts for asking.
Thanks again for the effort you put into your blog.
CityMouse

Unknown said...

I got a level 3 inspection failed shut down for 8 hours does that go on my boss record 3 warnings no tikets