Saturday, September 29, 2007

Headed West

Well, we finally left Indy around 2200 last night and I got some sleep. When J woke me up at 0430 it was WAY too early. But I didn't have a choice since he drove past 0300 into my drive time. He didn't start driving until we left Indy so he was no where near running out of hours but we try to stay on our schedule as much as possible. Anywho, so I get up and we are almost in Chattanooga so I drive from there the last 150 miles or so to Mcdonough,GA where I drop off the load. I picked up an empty trailer there and drove another 150 miles to Beech Island,SC where I picked up this load we currently have. Then I drove back about 30 miles to a rest area on the west side of Augusta,GA where we switched and now J is driving again. I didn't get but about 370 miles today, but I had to spend some time and one consignee and then at the shipper for this load so that took up a good two hours. Plus I also had to stop and fuel. So we are headed to the Los Angeles area with this load. My GPS is routing us up to I-40 and over even though I-20 ( which we are on ) runs right into 10 in western Texas and that runs right into LA. There is only about a 10 mile difference and it is routing us through the mountains on I-40. Forget that, we are taking the southern route I-20 to I-10. We can make better time since it is a flatter road and less mountains.

Now I am getting ready to go to bed. I have averaged about 5-6 hours sleep the past 3-4 nights in a row and that is not near enough beauty rest for me. I need a good 7-8 hours. If not then J calls me Satan. :) Momma gets a little grouchy if she is tired.

No comments: