Tuesday, September 4, 2007

EARTHQUAKE!!!

I forgot to mention that they had an earthquake here on Saturday morning! We were in the hotel when it happened. Our room was up on the 3rd floor. J was in the shower and I had just got out of the shower and was sitting on the bed watching TV. All of a sudden the bed started shaking. My first thought was it felt like a maid rolling the cart by outside the room. Then it got a little louder and the bed and whole room started visably shaking! Freaked me out. I hear J yell from the bathroom "What is that?" and I jump up and run in the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel and say "EARTHQUAKE!!" It wasn't quite a yell, but you could tell I was a little freaked out. J said "Holy crap" ok, well, not those words exactly. Apparently the center was in Lake Elsinore which was maybe 20 miles away. It registered a 4.7 and they said on the news that night that it was felt as far away as 50 miles. DAMN!! I am a Texas girl. I am used to tornadoes, not earthquakes. Just two weeks ago when we left LA they had one, literally like 10 hours after we left. Then a few days after that we were coming back, and as we crossed the CA/AZ border I heard on Fox news that LA had another one. Both of those were like a 3.1 and a 3.5 and this was a 4.7! So they are getting bigger. I am glad that our truck is fixed and that we will be heading out in the morning. With them getting bigger and bigger, I am afraid that the "BIG ONE" is going to hit sometime soon. I just want to make sure I am safely back in Texas, or anywhere that is NOT California, when it happens! This is a nice place to visit, and I loved going to the beaches, but you couldn't pay me enough money to live in this state!!

No comments: