Sunday, March 30, 2008

Made it to Springfield,MO

But first, let me tell you about the weekend. When I left off last, J had gone to drop off the truck at the Schneider Dallas OC. Well, he made it home, but not before I started throwing up. And when he got home, I kept throwing up. Seems I got a bad case of food poisoning from my favorite little mexican food restaurant. I threw up until 0430 Saturday morning and it started about 1830 on Friday afternoon. It was not fun. And, I know this is TMI, but it was one of those kind of sicks where it comes out both ends. We ended up taking one of the memory foam mattresses from the truck and putting it in the bathroom and that is where I slept. You may laugh, but it was the only way to make sure I made it to the toilet on time!

Ok, so Saturday was spent with me doing absolutely nothing since I had NO energy. J was awesome and got everything done and packed for us to leave. He is just the greatest. I love that man! Anyway, around 1800 we left the house and headed into Garland to spend the night with a friend of ours that took us to the bus station this morning. Made it to the bus station on time, got on a VERY crowded bus. We couldn't even sit together. After about 3 stops we got a seat together. We had to change buses in Tulsa,OK and they had over booked by 22 people. So we were stuck in Tulsa about 2 hours waiting on them to get another bus to take the rest of us that leg of the route. We made it in to Springfield about 1800 tonight and I have never been so happy to see a hotel room. Nothing fancy, but it is clean. And since we have a king bed, the room seems a little bigger than it probably would if it had double beds in it. We have to be at orientation at 0700 in the morning. I'll post more tomorrow on how that goes. I don't see any problems. We are just excited to be here and get started. But more than anything, after being sick all weekend and then this bus ride, we are just ready for a good nights sleep.

That is what is going on with us. I'll update again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dr. Zebra said...

Welcome to the Campus Inn! Make sure you swing by the Millenium Building when you get a chance.

Shuttle runs every 20 minutes.

Oh, and there's a Wal-Mart just around the corner within walking distance from the hotel in case you need anything. You just have to dodge the construction of the new Supercenter.