Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tucumcari,NM

That is where I ended up today after leaving Kansas City,KS at 0300 this morning. For anyone wondering it is 629 miles if you cut across US 54. I didn't want to go across I-70 because you never know when it is going to snow and it is almost the same mileage cutting across to I-40 and it is a much smoother ride. Granted you go through more small towns, but they are pretty small and it doesn't really take up much extra time.



I told J this morning that he was going to have to get with the program and do some driving. :) When we were in Fontana a few days ago, I drove us in and then we did our restart. Then when we got the load to KC,KS I was the one who picked it up and headed out. He drove a shift and then I drove again and got us in there. Then we dropped and the next load wasn't ready so I drove us to the Petro. We stayed there and he drove us back to the shipper when the load was supposed to be ready, but it wasn't. It was ready right when my shift started so I drove us out of there. Now he is driving but I will be the one to get us into Fontana in the morning. So in three days, he will have driven 1000 miles to my 2000. Slacker. :) Nah, it is just the nature of the beast and sometimes it just happens that way. Besides, there will come a time where I get to be lazy. LOL

traveller99 and the hubby, just wanted to say "Howdy!" I hear you are addicted. hehe You know, it is really amazing how many people have started reading this. When I started this, it was really just so that J and I could look back in a year and see where all we had been. Then it kind of evolved into something else. I am just really happy that my ramblings are helpful to some people who are looking into a career on the road. We absolutely LOVE doing what we are doing. Friends and family all thought we had lost our minds when we decided to do this, and maybe they still think we still have lost it, but we have found our calling.

Stay tuned! You never know what tomorrow may bring!

2 comments:

janet Bell said...

hello to you too...been waiting for you to post and when my hubby comes home he will also be happy....smiling

YOu guys be careful and my hubby takes his cdl test monday at 8 am....hope he gets it...thinking serious about getting back out there...i miss it.

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure that you HAVE lost your old mind, and are finding a new one.

Sitting at Gary tonight headed for Green Bay and then Oconto Falls Monday morning. Quite an experience. I65 was a zoo this morning.